My wee USC

Old Mar 3rd 2009, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute
Default My wee USC

Went to the US consulate today in Edinburgh and handed in the paperwork for my newborn's "consular report of birth abroad," her social security card (I'll be putting her to work as soon as that arrives,) and her US passport.

It was dead easy. They didn't even need any extra evidence that my wife (the USC) lived in the US after her 14th birthday, her passport was enough apparently. We were all prepared with university transcripts and tax returns.

So now I feel left out. I need to board that naturalization train as soon as we return to California in August...
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My wee USC

Originally Posted by notacrime
Went to the US consulate today in Edinburgh and handed in the paperwork for my newborn's "consular report of birth abroad," her social security card (I'll be putting her to work as soon as that arrives,) and her US passport.

It was dead easy. They didn't even need any extra evidence that my wife (the USC) lived in the US after her 14th birthday, her passport was enough apparently. We were all prepared with university transcripts and tax returns.

So now I feel left out. I need to board that naturalization train as soon as we return to California in August...
Congratulations...is your avatar a pic of mini NC after he was told he's about to get his US passport !!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

notacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond reputenotacrime has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lisa67
Congratulations...is your avatar a pic of mini NC after he was told he's about to get his US passport !!
SCORE!!!
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:02 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats, very cute little one.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 11:57 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is your lucky you were able to go to Edinburgh and not London!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
All I can say is your lucky you were able to go to Edinburgh and not London!
Oh man, I bet. We were even served by the consul herself, Lisa Vickers.

She pointed out that my wife's passport was about to expire and offered to put it in the same packet so it could be renewed too. Great service!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 12:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Your wee one is one very beautiful American.

So right you are. Three years from your entry to the US, you can file for naturalization and before you know it, you will be celebrating your new citizenship with your family of Yanks!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

How cute is she!! Congrats to you all :-)