British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   My wee USC (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/my-wee-usc-595275/)

notacrime Mar 3rd 2009 7:46 pm

My wee USC

Went to the US consulate today in Edinburgh and handed in the paperwork for my newborn's "consular report of birth abroad," her social security card (I'll be putting her to work as soon as that arrives,) and her US passport.

It was dead easy. They didn't even need any extra evidence that my wife (the USC) lived in the US after her 14th birthday, her passport was enough apparently. We were all prepared with university transcripts and tax returns.

So now I feel left out. I need to board that naturalization train as soon as we return to California in August...

lisa67 Mar 3rd 2009 8:07 pm

Re: My wee USC

Originally Posted by notacrime (Post 7342074)
Went to the US consulate today in Edinburgh and handed in the paperwork for my newborn's "consular report of birth abroad," her social security card (I'll be putting her to work as soon as that arrives,) and her US passport.

It was dead easy. They didn't even need any extra evidence that my wife (the USC) lived in the US after her 14th birthday, her passport was enough apparently. We were all prepared with university transcripts and tax returns.

So now I feel left out. I need to board that naturalization train as soon as we return to California in August...

Congratulations...is your avatar a pic of mini NC after he was told he's about to get his US passport !!:)

notacrime Mar 3rd 2009 8:35 pm

Originally Posted by lisa67 (Post 7342156)
Congratulations...is your avatar a pic of mini NC after he was told he's about to get his US passport !!:)

SCORE!!!

Mummy in the foothills Mar 3rd 2009 10:02 pm

Congrats, very cute little one. :D

AmerLisa Mar 3rd 2009 11:57 pm

All I can say is your lucky you were able to go to Edinburgh and not London!

notacrime Mar 4th 2009 9:40 am

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7342960)
All I can say is your lucky you were able to go to Edinburgh and not London!

Oh man, I bet. We were even served by the consul herself, Lisa Vickers.

She pointed out that my wife's passport was about to expire and offered to put it in the same packet so it could be renewed too. Great service!

Rete Mar 4th 2009 12:18 pm

Well done. Your wee one is one very beautiful American.

So right you are. Three years from your entry to the US, you can file for naturalization and before you know it, you will be celebrating your new citizenship with your family of Yanks!

Englishtart Mar 4th 2009 8:39 pm

How cute is she!! Congrats to you all :-)