Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My travels for today (Monday 15th oct)

My travels for today (Monday 15th oct)

Old Oct 15th 2007, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute
Default My travels for today (Monday 15th oct)

I will be setting out at a cruising speed of about 68mph (as fast as the thing will go) down I-87 to NYC area leaving Glens Falls about 6.00am to arrive in Yonkers by 10.00am and departing there about noon, over the f**kin G W bridge and down the f**kin NJ turnpike to I-78 west to exit 13 in PA, then down to Lebanon PA, trying not to hit any f**kin Amish as I do so, then delivering to Swiss dairy by 4.00pm before trying to get back to Yonkers in my driving hours. ..... Ben & Jerrys are not producing any stuff this week so I will be going to other places.
As each time I visit the place in Lebanon I get stung by f**kin bee's I don't cherrish the thought
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My travels for today (Monday 15th oct)

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler View Post
I will be setting out at a cruising speed of about 68mph (as fast as the thing will go) down I-87 to NYC area leaving Glens Falls about 6.00am to arrive in Yonkers by 10.00am and departing there about noon, over the f**kin G W bridge and down the f**kin NJ turnpike to I-78 west to exit 13 in PA, then down to Lebanon PA, trying not to hit any f**kin Amish as I do so, then delivering to Swiss dairy by 4.00pm before trying to get back to Yonkers in my driving hours. ..... Ben & Jerrys are not producing any stuff this week so I will be going to other places.
As each time I visit the place in Lebanon I get stung by f**kin bee's I don't cherrish the thought
Meanwhilst, I'm enjoying being off on sick leave under worker's comp, for the entire month of October

Jim.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:41 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Darn glad I won't be traveling those roads with you today. I can see that red truck of your barrelling down the highways trying to make good time. Don't let the bears get ya.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 9:11 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Alright mate.
I started this morning in North Carolina, up 95 to Baltimore, awaiting a load to go to Hazleton PA and then to through Pittsburgh to Wintersville OH.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:20 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: My travels for today (Monday 15th oct)

Eeeek! Just thinking of you......drove across a bridge on the I-24 and looked down to see that the I-78 Eastbound this afternoon (3.30pm) was at a standstill. Just heard on the 6pm news on the radio that two tractor-trailers crashed on the I-78E (near Springfield/Maplewood) and both drivers were killed. Apparently it will take hours to clear, maybe not until tomorrow morning....also the traffic is slow westbound due to rubber-neckers.

Hope it wasn't you......

PS: we were driving back from PA on the I-78 Sunday evening and roadworks made 3 lanes turn in to 1 and again traffic at a standstill (just after Allentown going eastbound). In early July I was stuck in this for over an hour and the roadworks went on for miles and miles, so they haven't made much progress on the roadworks since then... We went 9 miles out of our way to avoid the stationary traffic and rejoined the 78 via routes 22 and 33 south.....
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Pat I hope you are OK. There's been a dreadful accident on I-78 near the junction with I-24 this afternoon involving 2 tractor trailers...both drivers were killed.

Edit: Sorry EM I didn't see your post above.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 15th 2007 at 11:04 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:23 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Just called Pat and he is parked up for the night somewhere in New Jersey near a place called the "Bada Bing" or something like that. I told him you were all concerned for his well being and he said "Soppy bunch of bastards".

Naturally, he will look at this thread later and deny that and claim he told me to say he saidd something like "Tell them Thanks for the concern"
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:25 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rushman View Post
Just called Pat and he is parked up for the night somewhere in New Jersey near a place called the "Bada Bing" or something like that. I told him you were all concerned for his well being and he said "Soppy bunch of bastards".

Naturally, he will look at this thread later and deny that and claim he told me to say he saidd something like "Tell them Thanks for the concern"
Thank you Mr R.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 12:25 am
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl View Post
Thank you Mr R.
Dont thank me...I was concerned because he owes me a fiver.
Old Oct 16th 2007, 1:09 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: My travels for today (Monday 15th oct)

Well, the crash happened at 1.30pm and at 9pm traffic is still at a standstill on the I-78/Rt 24 intersection (5 mins from my house) with all the local roads being used as rat-runs.

It really was an horrific accident (and I bet loads of people missed their flights this afternoon/evening) as it's one of the main routes to Newark airport, the NJ Turnpike (I-95), Garden State Parkway and to NYC.

A report is here:

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/200...ses_78_in.html

Very relieved to hear that Patrick is OK!
Old Oct 18th 2007, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

NannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really nice

Only just found this thread, my husband sat on the 78 for 3 hours on monday, travelling back from Bridgewater to Jersey City - I'm so glad I was at home and not with him!

What a terrible accident, my thoughts are with the families who have lost loved ones
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all your concerns (Except Rushie )

I am safe and well ..... Tuesday morning I sat alongside a black Mazda Miata with a Union Jack on the back on I-78 near exit 26 in NJ ... I sounded the horn as I went slowly by ........... Who was it ?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 8:54 pm

Question Re: My travels for today (Monday 15th oct)

Hey Patrick - I occasionally see a large lorry in NJ on I-78 or the I-95 with the word "England" on the side of it (and I think, a shield with 3 lions...?).

Have you seen these lorries? I wonder if an expat operates it?
Old Oct 19th 2007, 9:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond reputePhilgr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum View Post
Hey Patrick - I occasionally see a large lorry in NJ on I-78 or the I-95 with the word "England" on the side of it (and I think, a shield with 3 lions...?).

Nope - it was founded by a bloke called England in the 20's - although his ancestors did come from there. Company history here
Old Oct 19th 2007, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Englishmum View Post

It's C R England ..... very bad reputation in the driving world

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.