Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My son's 1st time UK passport, has not arrived yet

My son's 1st time UK passport, has not arrived yet

Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Default My son's 1st time UK passport, has not arrived yet

We sent off for my sons Brit passport on 3/14/06. Washington received it on 3/16. I know first time passport would take a while, but they have not even charged my credit card. Son born in UK to Brit father, came to USA on his US passport.
Anyone, have personal dates/time line for similar?
Guess will wait another week & call the $2 per min rip off line.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:38 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My son's 1st time UK passport, has not arrived yet

We walked my youngest's application into DC on March 22nd, (first-time passport) and we are still waiting.

They took the charge from the cc details we provided just five days after.

We have phoned the rip-off line twice since April 15th, (week four, by the girl's calculations) and they don't have any details in the 'puter which, apparently, means that processing is ongoing - if there were any details then either the application was returned to the sender or the passport is in the mail.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 7:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FlyergirlUK
We walked my youngest's application into DC on March 22nd, (first-time passport) and we are still waiting.

They took the charge from the cc details we provided just five days after.

We have phoned the rip-off line twice since April 15th, (week four, by the girl's calculations) and they don't have any details in the 'puter which, apparently, means that processing is ongoing - if there were any details then either the application was returned to the sender or the passport is in the mail.
Thanks for your reply. They have still not charged our CC yet. Maybe your card was charged quicker, because you went in person. I am thinking, they have not even opened our package yet.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I renewed mine through Washington about 4 years ago and it took 6 weeks Frank.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:46 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
We sent off for my sons Brit passport on 3/14/06. Washington received it on 3/16. I know first time passport would take a while, but they have not even charged my credit card. Son born in UK to Brit father, came to USA on his US passport.
Anyone, have personal dates/time line for similar?
Guess will wait another week & call the $2 per min rip off line.
Reg. Frank R.

I think first-time passports probably do take a bit longer. I remember when we got our sons' first PPs it took more than 3 weeks. I realise you've waited longer than that, but I could imagine that being in the US could prolong the process somewhat. Perhaps they have to make some checks in the UK or just look at the application a bit more carefully.

Have you checked whether there's an option of e-mailing or faxing them?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:51 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't there something in the info that says that it'll take 6 weeks, and if travelling before that, to let them know the date of travel and they'll "try" to get it done in time?

It took them a couple of months to send my sons back, unissued, because i'd forgotten to sign the photos (duh). I had put a 4 week travel time on it, which was totally disregarded - either they opened it in time, realised it was a bad application and then sat on it to punish me for being a tw@t, or else they never even got round to it so entering the travel date was a waste of time in any case!
Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:51 am
Just Joined

murphy54 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks like what you need is luck..good luck
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Elvira
I think first-time passports probably do take a bit longer. I remember when we got our sons' first PPs it took more than 3 weeks. I realise you've waited longer than that, but I could imagine that being in the US could prolong the process somewhat. Perhaps they have to make some checks in the UK or just look at the application a bit more carefully.

Have you checked whether there's an option of e-mailing or faxing them?
900 phone number $2 per minute. I will use the number next week or so.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
I renewed mine through Washington about 4 years ago and it took 6 weeks Frank.
Thanks
Old Apr 25th 2006, 3:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Isn't there something in the info that says that it'll take 6 weeks, and if travelling before that, to let them know the date of travel and they'll "try" to get it done in time?

It took them a couple of months to send my sons back, unissued, because i'd forgotten to sign the photos (duh). I had put a 4 week travel time on it, which was totally disregarded - either they opened it in time, realised it was a bad application and then sat on it to punish me for being a tw@t, or else they never even got round to it so entering the travel date was a waste of time in any case!
I just can't see why they have not charged the CC? You would expect that to be the 1st thing.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
I just can't see why they have not charged the CC? You would expect that to be the 1st thing.
Reg. Frank R.
Ain't that just frustrating Two years ago when we flew back for a regular visit we booked about 4 weeks before flying and the day we flew Virgin hadn't charged our account yet, Kate phoned to make sure we were still booked, they confirmed the seats and said sorry someone had neglected to charge the tickets............. Should've kept our mouths shut.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
Ain't that just frustrating Two years ago when we flew back for a regular visit we booked about 4 weeks before flying and the day we flew Virgin hadn't charged our account yet, Kate phoned to make sure we were still booked, they confirmed the seats and said sorry someone had neglected to charge the tickets............. Should've kept our mouths shut.
Now that hurts.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Ms Mango will become famous soon enough

I sent my kids applications off for their first UK passports at the beginning of March (travel date end March) and after 2 weeks I called the $2 a minute line. A nice Irish guy called Kevin said that they were not processed yet, but that he would mark it in the computer as urgent. I got all 3 passports by Fedex the very next day. I'd call if I were you and say that the travel date is coming up VERY soon, and I think they'll get right on it.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

janj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the roughjanj is a jewel in the rough

I renewed both of my daughters' passports in the last few months. In both cases they arrived a little over 2 weeks from the date that the credit card was charged - around 6 to 7 weeks after sending them off.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 12:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Always21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond reputeAlways21 has a reputation beyond repute

I applied for both of my sons' first time UK passports in January or February and just got them three weeks ago. I don't remember the exact dates but it was about two months. We didn't put any travel date on the applications. The credit card wasn't charged until about two weeks before the passports arrived.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.