Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My son made a movie

My son made a movie

Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:15 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute
Default My son made a movie

My son, who moved to the USA when he was seven has made a number of movies. He acts in a number of plays (and has won many awards) and is also a close up magician (he earns a lot of money at parties).

He has been making a movie and has finally allowed me to share this close to finished edited version. As a proud Dad, I share it for you...

If you like short (15 min movies) and if you like this one, please share your comments. He has just turned 17.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=the+mechanic

BTW - he's not in the movie this time, he is the director (although you will see his hands also in most of the card moves !!)..

Enjoy..

Last edited by franc11s; Dec 11th 2005 at 11:18 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:19 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default Re: My son made a movie

You must be extremely proud. Unfortunately I don't hold up much hope for greatness for my boy.

As you can see, he's not very good at actually listening to his teacher.
Attached Thumbnails My son made a movie-rude014.jpg  
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:21 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
You must be extremely proud. Unfortunately I don't hold up much hope for greatness for my boy.

Takes after his Daddy, I'm sure.

NC Penguin
Old Dec 11th 2005, 11:22 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
That's the problem with my son... but I wouldn't change him for the world - even if the school system expects me too. After 8 years of trying, he is who he is and we thank God for that...

But our sense of humor is too close to yours - spooky...
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 1:55 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

sorry to bug but if any of you do get a chance to see it, please pass on any comments to me so I can pass on to my son. He is planning on sending off with his college (film school) apps.

the google video site is also a useful tool for you if you want to share video with family and friends - and everyone else on the planet
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 2:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
sorry to bug but if any of you do get a chance to see it, please pass on any comments to me so I can pass on to my son. He is planning on sending off with his college (film school) apps.

the google video site is also a useful tool for you if you want to share video with family and friends - and everyone else on the planet
I think I've seen a similar card game scene before - even with the same music - in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

The dialog seems a bit weak.

I don't know how good these are supposed to be for college entries.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 2:28 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I think I've seen a similar card game scene before - even with the same music - in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

The dialog seems a bit weak.

I don't know how good these are supposed to be for college entries.
- Your correct on the Lock Stock being the backing idea - which is ok for college. He DOES have to work on improving dialogue volume over Christmas so THANKS. the format is ideal for the application - apparently.!!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 2:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

- Your correct on the Lock Stock being the backing idea - which is ok for college. He DOES have to work on improving dialogue volume over Christmas so THANKS. the format is ideal for the application - apparently.!!
The main two actors were good, but I didn't think much of the other two (little and large!)

If it were me (I love movies) I'd make the fight grittier - Michael Mann style
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:45 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The main two actors were good, but I didn't think much of the other two (little and large!)
My son, more the comedian likes the touch of comedy in a movie, even those with serious intent !! Interesting feedback on that part has been positive but I hear you.

He is currently making a spoof called "the school" which is a take on of the "the office". About a high school kid who is running for Vice President of Student Council. No-one likes him or wants him as Vice President. The first takes have had us in stitches!!!

I want him next to try and make something unique...
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

He is currently making a spoof called "the school" which is a take on of the "the office". About a high school kid who is running for Vice President of Student Council. No-one likes him or wants him as Vice President. The first takes have had us in stitches!!!
Don't keep it to yourself..... or is it on Google?

I want him next to try and make something unique...
He'll need to - there's probably so many budding directors.

Tell him not to go the CGI route, a good movie will do well without it.