British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   My son made a movie (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/my-son-made-movie-342294/)

franc11s Dec 11th 2005 11:15 pm

My son made a movie

My son, who moved to the USA when he was seven has made a number of movies. He acts in a number of plays (and has won many awards) and is also a close up magician (he earns a lot of money at parties).

He has been making a movie and has finally allowed me to share this close to finished edited version. As a proud Dad, I share it for you...

If you like short (15 min movies) and if you like this one, please share your comments. He has just turned 17.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...q=the+mechanic

BTW - he's not in the movie this time, he is the director (although you will see his hands also in most of the card moves !!)..

Enjoy..

Rushman Dec 11th 2005 11:19 pm

Re: My son made a movie

1 Attachment(s)
You must be extremely proud. Unfortunately I don't hold up much hope for greatness for my boy.

As you can see, he's not very good at actually listening to his teacher.

NC Penguin Dec 11th 2005 11:21 pm

Originally Posted by rushman
You must be extremely proud. Unfortunately I don't hold up much hope for greatness for my boy.

Takes after his Daddy, I'm sure. :D

NC Penguin

franc11s Dec 11th 2005 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by rushman

That's the problem with my son... but I wouldn't change him for the world - even if the school system expects me too. After 8 years of trying, he is who he is and we thank God for that...

But our sense of humor is too close to yours - spooky...

franc11s Dec 22nd 2005 1:55 pm

sorry to bug but if any of you do get a chance to see it, please pass on any comments to me so I can pass on to my son. He is planning on sending off with his college (film school) apps.

the google video site is also a useful tool for you if you want to share video with family and friends - and everyone else on the planet ;)

anotherlimey Dec 22nd 2005 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by franc11s
sorry to bug but if any of you do get a chance to see it, please pass on any comments to me so I can pass on to my son. He is planning on sending off with his college (film school) apps.

the google video site is also a useful tool for you if you want to share video with family and friends - and everyone else on the planet ;)

I think I've seen a similar card game scene before - even with the same music - in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

The dialog seems a bit weak.

I don't know how good these are supposed to be for college entries.

franc11s Dec 22nd 2005 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
I think I've seen a similar card game scene before - even with the same music - in Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

The dialog seems a bit weak.

I don't know how good these are supposed to be for college entries.

- Your correct on the Lock Stock being the backing idea - which is ok for college. He DOES have to work on improving dialogue volume over Christmas so THANKS. the format is ideal for the application - apparently.!!

anotherlimey Dec 22nd 2005 2:59 pm

- Your correct on the Lock Stock being the backing idea - which is ok for college. He DOES have to work on improving dialogue volume over Christmas so THANKS. the format is ideal for the application - apparently.!!

The main two actors were good, but I didn't think much of the other two (little and large!)

If it were me (I love movies) I'd make the fight grittier - Michael Mann style :D

franc11s Dec 22nd 2005 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
The main two actors were good, but I didn't think much of the other two (little and large!)

My son, more the comedian likes the touch of comedy in a movie, even those with serious intent !! Interesting feedback on that part has been positive but I hear you.

He is currently making a spoof called "the school" which is a take on of the "the office". About a high school kid who is running for Vice President of Student Council. No-one likes him or wants him as Vice President. The first takes have had us in stitches!!!

I want him next to try and make something unique...

anotherlimey Dec 22nd 2005 3:48 pm

He is currently making a spoof called "the school" which is a take on of the "the office". About a high school kid who is running for Vice President of Student Council. No-one likes him or wants him as Vice President. The first takes have had us in stitches!!!

Don't keep it to yourself..... ;):D or is it on Google?

I want him next to try and make something unique...

He'll need to - there's probably so many budding directors.

Tell him not to go the CGI route, a good movie will do well without it.