Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

MY SON IS DEAF

Wikiposts

MY SON IS DEAF

Old Aug 26th 2008, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

luvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond reputeluvwelly has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: MY SON IS DEAF

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Who cares about caps lock, the woman was asking a question about her 7 year old. I like a laugh but I draw the line at someone with a disabled kid and I'm not the most PC person on here. Just my 2 cents, it's really no skin off my nose and was a knee jerk reaction to all the the gang mentality joining in to have a little poke at the newbie with her caps lock on FFS
I agree with you tbh....the lack of empathy is amazing sometimes...
Old Aug 26th 2008, 8:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MY SON IS DEAF

I'm trying to remember now where we got the free phone from, etc. I've been searching around and came across this link which is a directory of services available in Northern California (and beyond).

Here's another link that might lead to some useful info.

Also saw this link where our Gov. wants to cut services in this area ... I guess he is a republican, after all.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:03 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvwelly
I agree with you tbh....the lack of empathy is amazing sometimes...
Actually she was advised of the rule on the internet yet she didn't take the advice. She was told elsewhere on another thread and still persisted with the use of CAPS. So many took offense to it since it seemed deliberate.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
Actually she was advised of the rule on the internet yet she didn't take the advice. She was told elsewhere on another thread and still persisted with the use of CAPS. So many took offense to it since it seemed deliberate.
From what I can tell, she stopped after she was told - and explained was used to it from work. Had both threads going at once was why caps were in both places.

Shoud it really be a hanging offense?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:11 am
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
From what I can tell, she stopped after she was told - and explained was used to it from work. Had both threads going at once was why caps were in both places.

Shoud it really be a hanging offense?
Nah.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:13 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Rete, I wasn't making fun of you about the affluent thing.
I've heard quite a few folk over here - even on talk radio - pronounce it uh-fluent, almost like effluent, with a very, very quiet 'eff'.

-

I know you weren't. The spelling what my typo and as for pronounciation, I don't give a rat's tail. I pronouce it the way it is pronounced in my neck of the woods and could care less how it is pronounced by Brits, Southerners or Mid-westerners.

PS I didn't delete any posts on this thread. That was done by our junior moderator, quick fingered Meaxuna.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:14 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
I think she meant effluent.

No I pronounce it AH-fluent. Not that you will ever know for sure.

Quite the man aren't you to assume that you know me - NOT.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:36 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Post Re: MY SON IS DEAF

Originally Posted by Rete
I know you weren't. The spelling what my typo and as for pronounciation, I don't give a rat's tail. I pronouce it the way it is pronounced in my neck of the woods and could care less how it is pronounced by Brits, Southerners or Mid-westerners.

PS I didn't delete any posts on this thread. That was done by our junior moderator, quick fingered Meaxuna.
That would be "couldn't care less"...

- ducks -
Old Aug 27th 2008, 3:41 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Rule One: you don't talk about British Expats?

Throw me a bone, here, Mo.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:33 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Rule One: you don't talk about British Expats?

Throw me a bone, here, Mo.
No chit!

"Junior"? WhatEVAH.

Don't you wish there really were a Fight Club sometimes?

Anyway, I think it's Rule 14 you were going for.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:46 am
Concierge

That would be "couldn't care less"...

- ducks -

nah it is could care less ...because, you see, I do care a little
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:49 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by meauxna
No chit!

"Junior"? WhatEVAH.

Don't you wish there really were a Fight Club sometimes?

Anyway, I think it's Rule 14 you were going for.

You be junior, lady. You are 1) younger than me, 2) more attractive than me, 3) have more hair than me, 4) you have less powers than I do!!!!

#4 is what makes you really junior ROTFLMAO
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:57 am
Peace onion

You be junior, lady. You are 1) younger than me, 2) more attractive than me, 3) have more hair than me, 4) you have less powers than I do!!!!

#4 is what makes you really junior ROTFLMAO
I just read rule 14. You are both in violation of rule 14. Me too, now.
I just broke seven site rules on my way to the bathroom.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:22 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

TMI, TMI! Really, I don't want to know!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.