Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My shipping / airfreight experience

My shipping / airfreight experience

Old Oct 2nd 2009, 5:39 am
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: My shipping / airfreight experience

never noticed it until now!.....lol, for an educated person sometimes I can be awfully thick!
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:39 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meryl
never noticed it until now!.....lol, for an educated person sometimes I can be awfully thick!
Perhaps you were off sick the say they taught the kids about the birds and the bees?
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 12:56 pm
Dallas

Meryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of lightMeryl is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Perhaps you were off sick the say they taught the kids about the birds and the bees?
...nope that was one lesson I made sure I was at
Old Oct 2nd 2009, 1:18 pm
Forum Regular

Cherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud ofCherylbe has much to be proud of

Thanks for posting back.
I have been talking to a diffrent compeny and they said that I had to be the one to pick up my things on the other end, and I was worried that I wouldn't be in country in time.
I have a friend who is willing to take my goods for me and sign so this helps a lot.
My only problem now is unpacking and buying small boxes because the other comp, wasn't worried about weight it was more total size of shipment.
Thanks.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:57 pm
Just Joined

orudge is on a distinguished road

This has been a very useful thread. I went with Fast Lane for my shipping - booked a collection on Wednesday for today, the DHL van turned up a bit earlier than expected, and according to the tracking site my shipment has so far been to and left Liverpool (I'm in North Wales). I fly out myself on Tuesday, so hopefully my packages should be there ready for me to collect! The DHL guy didn't take the 3299 form, so I presume I have to provide that myself in the US.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it goes smoothly for you.

Have they moved St Andrews to Wales?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:08 pm
Just Joined

Heh, no - I was a student at St Andrews, but am staying with family in North Wales at the moment. I just haven't updated my location on here yet. I'll perhaps wait until I'm in the US to do that.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Norri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond reputeNorri has a reputation beyond repute

Whew! That's a relief then, I thought I'd missed something.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 7:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by orudge
This has been a very useful thread. I went with Fast Lane for my shipping - booked a collection on Wednesday for today, the DHL van turned up a bit earlier than expected, and according to the tracking site my shipment has so far been to and left Liverpool (I'm in North Wales). I fly out myself on Tuesday, so hopefully my packages should be there ready for me to collect! The DHL guy didn't take the 3299 form, so I presume I have to provide that myself in the US.
Excellent - I'm pleased that you found it useful

We were asked for the 3299 form by either DHL or Customs once the packages had arrived in the US. I think that it was a DHL guy - my hubby was the one doing the liaisoning. Whoever it was even emailed the forms as PDFs. Hubby then faxed them back (or scanned them and then emailed...)

Good luck with your move.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Well, I've had my stuff sent to the office - if it's as quick as you guys have said, hopefully things will be ready when I arrive. I printed out the 3299 form and filled it out the other day, so I'll take that with me - I'll keep an eye on the online tracking anyway, and see how quickly the packages make their way across the Atlantic!
Old Oct 9th 2009, 8:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I've had my stuff sent to the office - if it's as quick as you guys have said, hopefully things will be ready when I arrive. I printed out the 3299 form and filled it out the other day, so I'll take that with me - I'll keep an eye on the online tracking anyway, and see how quickly the packages make their way across the Atlantic!
Did you address it to yourself? It's a good idea to let the receptionist/deliveries-receiver/mailroom person/people know Although my stuff wasn't released until the customs form was returned to DHL....
Old Oct 10th 2009, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Did you address it to yourself? It's a good idea to let the receptionist/deliveries-receiver/mailroom person/people know Although my stuff wasn't released until the customs form was returned to DHL....
I did, yes - my boss is fine with it, so that should be alright. But as you say, I imagine I'll have to provide the customs form when I'm in the US before they release the delivery, as the chap who picked up the packages said they didn't need it now.

Just had a look at the online tracking now, and it seems the package is at the East Midlands depot with a "clearance delay". Hopefully there's not a problem!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:40 pm
Just Joined

Well, in case anybody is interested, my packages are finally due to be delivered today. Things were delayed a bit in the UK due to a form apparently being illegible (which is strange, as it was quite legible when I gave it to the driver - he himself had no problem with it), but they got sent out to the US on Monday, and there was a fax sent to the office on Wednesday. Had to fill out the 3299 form and return that, which I did yesterday - goods were then on a plane up and are out with a courier now. Hopefully they'll all be in one piece!
Old Oct 16th 2009, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well, in case anybody is interested, my packages are finally due to be delivered today. Things were delayed a bit in the UK due to a form apparently being illegible (which is strange, as it was quite legible when I gave it to the driver - he himself had no problem with it), but they got sent out to the US on Monday, and there was a fax sent to the office on Wednesday. Had to fill out the 3299 form and return that, which I did yesterday - goods were then on a plane up and are out with a courier now. Hopefully they'll all be in one piece!
I'm interested

Old Oct 16th 2009, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

And everything's here. Seems to be in one piece, although a couple of the boxes weren't as well padded out as they should have been and seem to be a little squashed. But the contents should be OK... shall have to check them out after work.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.