Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My mum is losing her fight...when to go?

Wikiposts

My mum is losing her fight...when to go?

Old Jan 24th 2012, 9:55 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My mum is losing her fight...when to go?

Sorry for your loss, Dan. It's a tough thing to go through when you're so far away. At least you have good memories of the last time you saw her. Have a safe trip back.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 10:09 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear of your loss - your mum is now at peace
Safe travels for you and your family
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:02 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Sad to hear the news Dan .... but I know she loved the christmas with you all ....

now to lighten the mood a bit ...
I was telling my mum about this at the weekend...she is 88 ...
and she delighted in telling me she has added to my inheritance
last week ....

she bought 5 new pairs of shoes
the old croan is probably still laughing about that
LOL
Old Jan 24th 2012, 12:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear about your mum, Dan, my condolences and thoughts are with you and your family
Old Jan 24th 2012, 11:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so, so sorry to hear about your loss Dan and I can only say the same as the rest, that the memory of your last Christmas together will be with you forever and your mum is now no longer suffering and is at peace. I wish you a safe journey back to be with your family at, what must be, a very sad time for you all.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Dan,

Thumbs up mate. Sorry for your loss. It's times like this you feel so isolated.

Hope it gave you some comfort, having spent Christmas together.

Safe Travels.

Jim.
Old Jan 25th 2012, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

lyonsden1193 and I both send our heartfelt condolences - we can relate very well to your having had a last visit as we were able to do the same just before his brother passed. Our thoughts will be with you, hoping ours and everyone else's will help buoy you up while you do what you must.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry for your loss
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about the passing of your mother. Don't second guess anything you did or didn't do. I believe that things happen the way they do for a reason. I've gone through something very similar. The pain dulls but never really goes away - you always miss a loved one. The best medicine is the wonderful memories you have of your mother.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 12:45 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of your sudden loss. I hope the happy memories of your Christmas will burn bright during the difficult days ahead.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 1:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Dan, very sorry your mother has passed to the other side. Its the toughest thing us Expats deal with. Just remember all the good times and give a cheerful grin when you remember her.

Best Frank R.
Old Jan 26th 2012, 11:20 pm
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

sorry for your loss, condolences to you and your family
Old Jan 27th 2012, 2:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute

Condolences for your loss Dan. I've just come back from a 16 day visit to UK because my mom has cancer too. Fortunately she is responding well to the treatment and is back in her own home now. If the worst should happen sooner rather than later, I won't feel bad about not being there as I have seen her at her best recently and that's how I would like to remember her.
Old Jan 27th 2012, 3:55 am
Just Joined

columbo is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry for your loss Dan. Keep your chin up mate !
Old Jan 27th 2012, 5:18 am
Just Joined

heartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura aboutheartofengland has a spectacular aura about

I've been thinking about you ever since you started this thread. I'm so sorry for all you're going through.

Hope you feel the love and good thoughts we're sending your way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.