Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My little transatlantic kitty passed away last night...

My little transatlantic kitty passed away last night...

Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute
Default My little transatlantic kitty passed away last night...

I know lots of us have gone through the hoops of bringing out pets out here with us, and will know how I am feeling right now.. but I had to have my baby put to sleep last night, long story - but it was either hepatitis, liver cancer or failure, and to be honest, the outcome wasn't good and the vets wanted $1,000 up front to start treatment last night which I just didn't have. It breaks my heart that money had to make a decision like that for me... although when they actually did it, they only gave her half the dose and she was gone in just a second or two.

I am so glad I brought her with me but at the same time wonder if I had found her a good home in the UK if she might have been able to be helped.. ah hindsight.

Anyways, for any other crazy pet lovers that have lost one there is a wonderful site called Rainbow Bridge where you can create a memorial. My dear friend helped make one last night when we got home and this is Amber's site....

http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/reside...3/Resident.htm
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:29 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My little transatlantic kitty passed away last night...

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
I know lots of us have gone through the hoops of bringing out pets out here with us, and will know how I am feeling right now.. but I had to have my baby put to sleep last night, long story - but it was either hepatitis, liver cancer or failure, and to be honest, the outcome wasn't good and the vets wanted $1,000 up front to start treatment last night which I just didn't have. It breaks my heart that money had to make a decision like that for me... although when they actually did it, they only gave her half the dose and she was gone in just a second or two.

I am so glad I brought her with me but at the same time wonder if I had found her a good home in the UK if she might have been able to be helped.. ah hindsight.

Anyways, for any other crazy pet lovers that have lost one there is a wonderful site called Rainbow Bridge where you can create a memorial. My dear friend helped make one last night when we got home and this is Amber's site....

Sorry to hear about your cat. We do get attached to our animals, don't we.
If they have a serious illness like that though, it's best to do what you did. No need for unnecessary suffering - it's not a money matter at all in this case.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:31 am
Forum Regular

broma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nicebroma25 is just really nice

Lesley

Sorry to hear you lost your much loved kitty....its always sad when you lose a pet.

Nothing more I can say except the rainbow site was lovely..
Old Jul 29th 2005, 12:33 am
Franklin

So sorry for your loss. It really hurts when you lose a pet that gives its love unconditionally. At least you were with your cat when your cat passed away. I'm a dog lover, we had a standard poodle, love family dog, we missed him terribly when he had to be put down, so know just how you must be feeling.

Last edited by Franklin; Jul 29th 2005 at 12:36 am.

Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:03 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear of the loss of your pussy cat, the site is a wonderful tribute to her

Last edited by gruffbrown; Jul 29th 2005 at 1:12 am.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:16 am
Home at last

callé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond reputecallé has a reputation beyond repute

Lesley, I am so very sorry for your loss. I get very attached to my babies so I know how you feel. That was a lovely tribute to her ( even though I could barely get through it cause it breaks my heart). I truly believe we see them again after this life. But it leaves such an empty hole right now. She's at peace now. Try to remember all the good times. She was lucky to have a good mummy who loved her. It's painful. I'm sorry
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Lottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud ofLottie has much to be proud of

So sad, thinking about you.....
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:48 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear about it...it does suck when you lose a pet
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:01 am
Re vera, potas bene.

krizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond reputekrizzy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so sorry .....we had to leave our dogs behind.....too old to travel...we left them at a rest home for old working dogs.......they were working huskies.....when my youngest dog went to the vets to have her jibs to stay in the kennels......they found a lump that could of been cancer..staying behind saved her life....!.. I don't think I could leave a pet again.....they were the last pets we'll have for a long long time......
Old Jul 29th 2005, 2:42 am
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Oh so sorry to hear about your cat Leslie, lovely memorial though. Thank you for sharing.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:15 am
Forum Regular

immunise is on a distinguished road

Having had many pets die (in fact a cat just 3 weeks ago I know how you feel, this poem always makes me feel better. I hope it helps just a little...

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there, I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow

I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.

I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awake in the mornings hush

I am the soft uplifting rush

Of quiet birds in circling flight

I am the soft star that shines at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry

I am not there

I did not die

Old Jul 29th 2005, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

gloria is an unknown quantity at this point

I am so sorry to hear about your cat, it is heartbreaking losing a pet. My cat had a tumour and there was nothing that could be done for him, I cried for weeks after he was put to sleep.

But you did the best thing you could and it will get easier with time.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 4:38 am
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys - I knew there would be others that could relate and I sooo wanted to share that site for anyone else that might want to use it - I know some of my friends think I'm nuts - but hey I prefer my pets to some humans! They give us unconditional love and don't expect very much in return, so it's nice to have something sweet like that to remember them by
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:10 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Gah, I'm such a sap - I wept buckets looking at your site! I didn't bring my cat over and miss him loads. You did a lovely thing for your lil kitty. Have a to all her memories.
Old Jul 29th 2005, 1:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

My heart goes out to you on your loss, what a sad time. The Rainbow Bridge site is wonderful. It was lovely to read about your kitty and the wonderful life she had with you

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.