Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My journey begins

My journey begins

Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:52 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My journey begins

Originally Posted by rallybug
No movement on EAD since being received in Chicago 10/19/2011.
It can take up to 90 days to get the EAD, so if the I-765 was filed in October, you can expect to receive the EAD around mid-January.

Rene
Old Nov 10th 2011, 8:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It can take up to 90 days to get the EAD, so if the I-765 was filed in October, you can expect to receive the EAD around mid-January.

Rene
Yup, although I did read on another site of someone just getting notification of approval on EAD and AP in 61 days - I could cope with that
Old Dec 6th 2011, 9:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

And to follow on from that, we just had a text from USCIS to check our case status.

Went online and the I-485 (APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS) has gone from Initial Review to Card/Document Production. Card to be with me within 30 days.

Woohoo!!!!!

I've obviously been a very good boy for to bring me my green card

So, AOS package mailed October 11th, green card production ordered December 6th - 56 days for green card approval, including postage!
Old Dec 6th 2011, 10:34 pm
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

And to follow on from that, we just had a text from USCIS to check our case status.

Went online and the I-485 (APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS) has gone from Initial Review to Card/Document Production. Card to be with me within 30 days.

Woohoo!!!!!

I've obviously been a very good boy for to bring me my green card

So, AOS package mailed October 11th, green card production ordered December 6th - 56 days for green card approval, including postage!
Such positive news! Happy Christmas to you!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 1:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

And now the status has changed back to decision!

Wouldn't it be good to know WTH is going on in the USCIS offices!
Old Dec 7th 2011, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

And back to Card/Document Production lol
Old Dec 7th 2011, 4:35 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

And back to Card/Document Production lol
Stop keep checking it, they are playing with you.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Welcome letter as an LPR arrived yesterday
Old Dec 12th 2011, 7:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

2-year conditional green card in hand this morning

So, 63 days from mailing the AOS application in to receiving the green card in the mail.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 8:19 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

2-year conditional green card in hand this morning
Now be careful, don't lose it
Old Dec 13th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice

Originally Posted by lansbury
Now be careful, don't lose it
I saw earlier in this thread a question relating to K1 visa status after the "packet 3" forms have been submitted, is there any way I can look and check to see if they have been received, and then check again after my medical next week to see when they receive the results? I tried the US initial site where I found the I-129F progress, but it doesnt seem to say anything further than post decision (to the I-129F) activity which has been there since the petition was approved. Thanks!
Old Dec 13th 2011, 10:17 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alex3110
I saw earlier in this thread a question relating to K1 visa status after the "packet 3" forms have been submitted, is there any way I can look and check to see if they have been received, and then check again after my medical next week to see when they receive the results? I tried the US initial site where I found the I-129F progress, but it doesnt seem to say anything further than post decision (to the I-129F) activity which has been there since the petition was approved. Thanks!
Probably the only way to know would be to call the pay number to get an email code, then email the embassy with your questions. There is not an automatic update site for this portion.

Rene
Old Dec 14th 2011, 2:25 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You are not going to find out from USCIS what's going on at the DoS.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Alex3110
Old Dec 14th 2011, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
You are not going to find out from USCIS what's going on at the DoS.

Regards, JEff
Ah right ok, I think the time passes faster when I have nothing to log into everyday to check. Besides I do have a house to sell preferably before I leave so I'm not in an ultra hurry, no wedding deadlines, I'm assuming if my medical is next week then the interview maybe somewhere toward the end of Jan or Feb, and we were looking at a July wedding to be under the 90 days should I fly out June. But I'm leaving all the planning wide open!