Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My journey begins

My journey begins

Old Oct 3rd 2011, 2:43 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My journey begins

Have you looked at I-94? It's for bringing yourself in. Nowhere on it is there anything about what you are bringing with you, if anything.

Form 6059B is for your stuff.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by frambuesas
With regards to the white I-94, is this just if you're bringing a lot of stuff in?
Old Oct 4th 2011, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice
Thumbs up Re: My journey begins

Originally Posted by rallybug
In, married and now having the fun of completing all the AOS forms

http://samwise.smugmug.com/photos/i-...-dFWnRWh-M.jpg
Congradulations Rallybug!! All the very best to you for your new life there!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice

Originally Posted by rashidmn
Congratulations! You guys look great together.

I was wondering if you could help me out with some information as you have already been through this process

I got engaged in January, and I129F filed in February. Got approved and approved petition forwarded to the embassy in July. Got the packet 3 with the LND case number in the first week of August. Got medical done the same week as I was travelling out of the country.

Sent it the forms mentioned on the packet 3 (DS-230-I, 2 x DS-156, DS-156K, 2 x DS-157, DS-2001) with all the supporting documents (Certified copy of birth certificate with certified translation, evidence of engagement, financial support docs, police certificates) on 16th September.

I have not paid the fee yet. I was under the impression that I will have to pay it after I get the interview date. Please advice on what I should do?

Also, I noticed from your previous posts that you got information about the status of the application even before you got letters from the embassy (for example you knew about the interview date before you got the letter from the embassy). What is the best way to get information about the status of application?
Rashidmn - Which service centre was the I-129F sent through? Vermont I'd guess...
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

rashidmn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by craig_sp
Rashidmn - Which service centre was the I-129F sent through? Vermont I'd guess...
Vermont indeed. Craig, are you applying for a similar visa?

Rashid
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:26 pm
Forum Regular

Vermont indeed. Craig, are you applying for a similar visa?

Rashid
I am Rashid! We just sent in the I-129F last month - also to Vermont. So your 5 month wait for the approval fits the average Vermont processing time!
Old Oct 4th 2011, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

I am Rashid! We just sent in the I-129F last month - also to Vermont. So your 5 month wait for the approval fits the average Vermont processing time!
Yeah it took us about four and half months for the petition to be approved and about a month for it to get forwarded to the embassy in London. A week after the embassy receives your approved petition, you will get the 'packet 3' from the embassy. This is basically a one page letter stating your LND number and a link to the embassy website where all the instructions are.

Link: http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah it took us about four and half months for the petition to be approved and about a month for it to get forwarded to the embassy in London. A week after the embassy receives your approved petition, you will get the 'packet 3' from the embassy. This is basically a one page letter stating your LND number and a link to the embassy website where all the instructions are.

Link: http://london.usembassy.gov/iv_15.html
Thanks for that! I've followed the link.

The LND number, is this the same number that was written on the I-797 your Fiance received when the I-129F was received at the USCIC?
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:36 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

The LND number, is this the same number that was written on the I-797 your Fiance received when the I-129F was received at the USCIC?
No.

Rene
Old Oct 4th 2011, 8:51 pm
Just Joined

The LND number is different from the INS receipt number (started with EAC for me). You get the LND number only after your petition in approved.

It starts with LND if you choose the London embassy for your interview. If you choose some other embassy in another country, it would start with the initials of that country (example for Kuwait those numbers start with KWT)
Old Oct 5th 2011, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

The LND number is different from the INS receipt number (started with EAC for me). You get the LND number only after your petition in approved.

It starts with LND if you choose the London embassy for your interview. If you choose some other embassy in another country, it would start with the initials of that country (example for Kuwait those numbers start with KWT)
Understood! Thank you for that Rashid! I see how that works now.
Old Oct 20th 2011, 10:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

AOS forms sent off to the Chicago lockbox last week, and notification of receipt is through. Now the waiting games begin again
Old Oct 24th 2011, 2:33 am
Forum Regular

paul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nicepaul2012 is just really nice

For the record (and not to get people's hopes up unintentionally!) but our I-130 was processed in Vermont in 1 month flat (12 Sept - 12 Oct), so maybe things are quiet-ish around now...
Old Oct 24th 2011, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

frambuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really niceframbuesas is just really nice

Originally Posted by paul2012
For the record (and not to get people's hopes up unintentionally!) but our I-130 was processed in Vermont in 1 month flat (12 Sept - 12 Oct), so maybe things are quiet-ish around now...
That's pretty exciting!
Old Nov 2nd 2011, 10:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

I-797C received for both AOS and EAD on October 22nd, biometrics appointment set for November 10th at 8am in SLC
Old Nov 10th 2011, 7:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

11/08/2011 - AOS file received by California Service Center from Chicago

No movement on EAD since being received in Chicago 10/19/2011.

Had my biometrics this morning at 8am - all went fine after finding the building (USCIS in Salt Lake City are on the 4th floor of an otherwise empty building, with the rest up for lease and builders in on the 1st floor), glad fingerprints are scanned instead of inked now though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.