Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My journey begins

My journey begins

Old Apr 26th 2011, 9:01 am
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all
Default Re: My journey begins

Well, we got petition approval on 18th April - while Gin was here on vacation with me, which was good

She's now back in Utah, sorting out the employer letter, W2s, pay stubs, etc, and I've got virtually everything ready here for medical and interview (proof of vaccinations, police certificates, certified copies of birth certificate + original) - just need to get some more US-size passport photos, and then it's waiting for packet 3 from the embassy in London and my LDN case number from the NVC in the US.

It looks like we're still on course for me to move on 23rd August, for a 20th September wedding (first anniversary of engagement date)
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:08 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rallybug
... then it's waiting for packet 3 from the embassy in London and my LDN case number from the NVC in the US.
You might want to do more research on "packet 3". I don't think the embassy sends you anything anymore. I think it all comes from NVC now, and it's not really a packet of forms anymore either.

Rene
Old Apr 26th 2011, 2:23 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

The "packet" terminology became obsolete years ago, and is meaningless today. (Typewriters are a rarity and telephones don't have bells anymore.)

Old habits die hard, I guess.

Regards, JEff

... then it's waiting for packet 3 from the embassy in London ...
Old Apr 26th 2011, 6:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

rallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to allrallybug is a name known to all

I know - it's just a term for notification from the embassy to fill out the appropriate forms.
Old May 1st 2011, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

LND case number received - should get embassy contact within the next week or so, I think.

Moving along nicely
Old May 2nd 2011, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute

Great, sounds like you are well prepared. Fingers crossed the stars and dates align for you both!
Old May 6th 2011, 11:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Mandy

Case is now on the London embassy system, so medical booked for 27th May
Old May 17th 2011, 10:13 am
BE Enthusiast

And the instructions for the next stage arrived last week. Gininda's letter of intent to marry, financial support, notarized tax returns etc arrived today too.

Fee paid online, all forms printed.

Got to look into it more as a little confused - the letter from the embassy implies that the DS-2001, DS-230 Part I, 2 x DS-156, DS-156K and 2 x DS-157 have to be returned together, but DS-2001 only mentions DS-230 Part I...

Consistency would be nice
Old May 17th 2011, 4:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Follow the instructions on the website. The letters are usually out of synch.
Old May 17th 2011, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

That's what I've done, although to add to the mix, the appointment fee receipt letter now states that that has to be sent with the packet:

I've covered the bases by sending all the forms and the fee receipt together - I have copies of them all anyway.
Old May 27th 2011, 6:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

Medical done, followed by walking around various bits of London for about 5 miles - am now pooped

Old May 27th 2011, 9:59 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Medical done, followed by walking around various bits of London for about 5 miles - am now pooped

Get back home and have a good pint of scrumpy
Old May 27th 2011, 11:13 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Good job you didn't walk the 5 miles before, you might have failed.
Old May 28th 2011, 12:02 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

It looks like we're still on course for me to move on 23rd August, for a 20th September wedding (first anniversary of engagement date)
The day we married was 18mo to the day that we first met. Helps me remember all the dates!
Old May 31st 2011, 8:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by lansbury
Good job you didn't walk the 5 miles before, you might have failed.
Incompatible with US life?

I reckon that, over the 4-day weekend, I must've walked somewhere around 20 miles Best one though was down Gloucester Place, and along Bond St, Oxford St at 9.30 Sunday morning - shops were still shut, a few taxis and buses, only a few people, sun was out, nice and relaxing

Interview readiness forms were sent back 17th May, delivered 18th May and logged to the system 26th May. Medical results should be at the embassy by Friday or Monday, so then it'll just be the wait until I get the appointment letter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.