Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

my grandson has been kidnapped

my grandson has been kidnapped

Old Sep 25th 2007, 3:24 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice
Default Re: my grandson has been kidnapped

Bloody woman needs locking up !.... and somewhere nice like on Salisbury Plains and not one of these nice new prisons with all the comy facilities neither ! . (I mean Jame's grandmother of course)
Old Sep 25th 2007, 4:22 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by krizzy
...mum's not that clean......
I suggest your son go to the docs to get his knob looked at then
just to be on the safe side.
Old Sep 25th 2007, 5:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Englishmum
The other granny certainly has some mental health issues.

I wonder if she has lost a child eg. through miscarriage, stillbirth, lost custody, adoption etc.

I'm reading a book right now about many American women who were forced to give up their children for adoption from just after WWII up until the late 60s/early 70s (being sent away to maternity homes as their pregnancy progressed) as their families wanted to avoid the stigma of their daughters being unwed mothers. Many women have susequently never told anyone about their experience - not even their spouses - and they all yearn for the babies they've 'lost'.

Perhaps she considers her/your grandson as a substitute for her own birth-child?

How old is she? Could her behaviour be a form of Alzheimer's do you think?
Hi
This lady is in her 60s. She has one daughter (the mother of my g/son) and one son. She is addicted to pain meds, has been for a long time. Her husband is dead, her son founded his business on drug money and her daughter (my g/sons mother) is a bit of a loser, her mother kicked her out of the house when she was 15.
All of her friends have abandoned her because of her erratic behaviour. Her son has two boys that she is not allowed to drive around anywhere, she is not allowed to be on her own with them. I think because her daughter gave her free reign with my grandson that she decided that she could make a better job of bringing him up than she had with her own 2.
I feel sorry for her, once this little boy is back home, she will probably not get to see him again. Restraining orders are being filed for both their homes and the school. It is a sad situation. Karma as they say though has a way of coming back and biting you in the ass. You get back what you put out, she deserves it, she is not a nice person, thinks because she has loadsa dosh that she can do what she likes, she is not used to being told no. She is dealing with the wrong person though, I would sell everything I have to get him back where he belongs.
She is being informed today that she must be in court tomorrow, I would love to be a fly on the wall when she is told.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Just heard from my son in Philly, we won. My grandson will be picked up this evening at 7pm to go home with his parents. It was a done deal as soon as they got into court apparently. The judge presiding was the judge who gave this woman the temp custody order and she admitted she was wrong. Great, thousands of dollars spent on lawyers because some idiot did the wrong thing. Oh well, will deal with getting that lot back later. The grandmother had my grandson registered and attending school in Jersey
He missed his first day of school last week in Philly, so his first day will be tomorrow. I know he is going to freak when he sees his parents, he must have been wondering what was going on. Then the g/mother had the nerve to ask them if she could come and pick him up on Sunday afternoon.:curse:
You can imagine what she was told. Apparently she is entitled to some visitation but they are going to make it so that someone is there with her so she cannot do this again.
So good news all round. If anyone wants a good family lawyer in Philly, call Susan Goldsman, 215 496 9546, she is kick ass and she also has a license to work in Jersey as well.
Thanks everyone, it is good to know that there were some good people out there wishing us well, it has been a traumatic 2 weeks.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

great news effi
Old Sep 26th 2007, 9:47 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

COngrats. Be cautious, be safe.
Old Sep 26th 2007, 11:35 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations. I'm glad it's all worked you for. Common sense prevailed!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 12:01 am
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

excellent news!
Old Sep 27th 2007, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by effi
Apparently she is entitled to some visitation but they are going to make it so that someone is there with her so she cannot do this again.
On what grounds, I wonder, is someone's grandmother entitled to visitation?

Just curious ...
Old Sep 27th 2007, 3:33 pm
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britdrinker

Just curious ...
I was under the impression that grandparents did not have automatic rights or leave to exercise any entitlement. Something to do with a Supreme Court decision.
Old Sep 28th 2007, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Britdrinker

Just curious ...
In PA and Jersey I think there is a law saying that grandparents can petition for visitation from the courts. I am not sure what other states do this. I read a story once of how grandparents did this and when their grandson turned 18, he turned up on their doorstep and said he was never coming to see them again, that they had ruined his life. He was made to go and stay with them during the summer hols for 4 weeks every year from the time he was young. He said that he just wanted to stay home and play with his friends but was never allowed to, sad.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 2:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

In PA and Jersey I think there is a law saying that grandparents can petition for visitation from the courts. I am not sure what other states do this. I read a story once of how grandparents did this and when their grandson turned 18, he turned up on their doorstep and said he was never coming to see them again, that they had ruined his life. He was made to go and stay with them during the summer hols for 4 weeks every year from the time he was young. He said that he just wanted to stay home and play with his friends but was never allowed to, sad.
Those must have been miserable grandparents - seeing your grandparents for 4 weeks/year doesn't seem like it should ruin your life. I wish I'd had that opportunity.

So glad to see that everything worked out for the OP!!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 3:10 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Just heard from my son in Philly, we won.
I'm glad it got sorted fairly quickly
Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:34 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Fantastic news effi! That woman must be mentally impaired, to ask to pick him up again later that week. What a bloody cheek!
Old Sep 30th 2007, 9:45 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

wow, well done, i'm really glad it turned out ok, and jaime is home safe and sound

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.