British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   my grandson has been kidnapped (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/my-grandson-has-been-kidnapped-482685/)

effi Sep 21st 2007 4:19 pm

my grandson has been kidnapped

No joke, his dopey other grandma who lives in Jersey has kidnapped my 5 year old grandson.
My son and the boys mother are not married, she has him in the week, my son has him at weekends and days in between, whenever, you get the picture. Anyway, this dopey old bint had him enrolled in summer camp over in Jersey to help his mother out while she worked, I admired her for it, he can be a little shit to control sometimes. He would go there during the day and play tennis and swim etc and she would take him back to Philly in the afternoon. Some nites he would stay at her house depending on what he was doing the next day. Anyway, he was due to start school in Philly on Wednesday just gone. His mother went over to pick him up at the grandmas (her mums) and she refused to hand him over. The mum called the cops and they came out and spoke to the grandma in the house then came out and told the mum to leg it. The grandma told the cops that the boy lived with her in Jersey and had done for the past year, and that he was not resident in Philly and they believed her. She said that he had not been going to school, that he had not been getting proper medical care and a bunch of other crap that is just not true. She had been hoarding his clothes and toys and it looked like he lived there. The grandma told the mum that she was filing an emergency custody order in court in Camden county.
The mum left and called my son who in turn called me. I called a family lawyer in Philly and told her what was going on and she said that the original custody order had been filed in Philly and that Jersey had no jurisdiction and that it would be ok.
In the meantime the grandma had filed in Jersey and had been granted the custody order until Oct 11th. No one had contacted either my son or the boys mum, they took this whack jobs word.
My son called the lawyer again and retained her at a cost of $1800. They have gotten all the paperwork together from the school, his doctor, his dentist etc which proves that he is resident in Philly and has been going to school etc.
Apparently when she went to court in Camden, she told the judge that the boy had been living with her in Jersey for the past year as his mother had abandoned him and that she thought his father was back in England somewhere.
This lawyer lady we have is brilliant, she takes no prisoners and has them shitting themselves. She said the ball had been dropped by the police, the judge etc. They are going to court on Wednesday of next week to get this taken care of and hopefully get him back. Honestly you could not make this shit up. She has been obsessed with this little boy since he was born. I shouldn't keep calling him the boy, his name is Jamie and he is the most gorgeous thing I have ever laid eyes on. My son gets stopped in the street so people can talk to my grandson, everyone thinks he is cute, he is a real babe magnet.
So, major lawsuits all around and hopefully this will be resolved quickly and he will get to go home to his parents. In the meantime I am worried that she will do something dumb when she realizes that she has royally f-d up and will probably never get to see him again.
She lives in Cherry Hill and drives a new black Saab, so if you see her give her the finger for me.

TruBrit Sep 21st 2007 4:38 pm

Re: my grandson has been kidnapped

poor little jamie, must be confussing for him to say the least. hope he makes it back to his rightful home soon :unsure:

Maz Sep 21st 2007 5:18 pm

How awful for all involved, especially Jamie, who must be wondering what the hell is going on and why he can't see his parents! I hope it's all resolved very quickly.

keira-2007 Sep 21st 2007 8:37 pm

Crumbs! You should send this into a t.v company - they could make a great documentary about it!
Hope everything works out alright... nut jobs are always found out... in the end!
Fingers crossed for you all xxx

britvic Sep 21st 2007 8:40 pm

Really sorry to read this, poor little Lad :(

fatbrit Sep 21st 2007 8:45 pm

Originally Posted by keira-2007 (Post 5339348)
Crumbs! You should send this into a t.v company - they could make a great documentary about it!
Hope everything works out alright... nut jobs are always found out... in the end!
Fingers crossed for you all xxx

Dr. Phil comes to mind!

Patrick Hasler Sep 21st 2007 9:00 pm

Poor kid :(

Mind you his other Grandma must be very brave ...... entering Camden any time of day or night !

Jerseygirl Sep 21st 2007 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler (Post 5339405)
Poor kid :(

Mind you his other Grandma must be very brave ...... entering Camden any time of day or night !

I'll say. http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sp...smiley-040.gif http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sp...smiley-040.gif

I'll keep my eyes and ears open on the local news for this story.

Ray Sep 22nd 2007 3:14 am

Get The Dog on the case .....

Wincelow Sep 23rd 2007 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by effi (Post 5338484)
No joke, his dopey other grandma who lives in Jersey has kidnapped my 5 year old grandson.
My son and the boys mother are not married, she has him in the week, my son has him at weekends and days in between, whenever, you get the picture. Anyway, this dopey old bint had him enrolled in summer camp over in Jersey to help his mother out while she worked, I admired her for it, he can be a little shit to control sometimes. He would go there during the day and play tennis and swim etc and she would take him back to Philly in the afternoon. Some nites he would stay at her house depending on what he was doing the next day. Anyway, he was due to start school in Philly on Wednesday just gone. His mother went over to pick him up at the grandmas (her mums) and she refused to hand him over. The mum called the cops and they came out and spoke to the grandma in the house then came out and told the mum to leg it. The grandma told the cops that the boy lived with her in Jersey and had done for the past year, and that he was not resident in Philly and they believed her. She said that he had not been going to school, that he had not been getting proper medical care and a bunch of other crap that is just not true. She had been hoarding his clothes and toys and it looked like he lived there. The grandma told the mum that she was filing an emergency custody order in court in Camden county.
The mum left and called my son who in turn called me. I called a family lawyer in Philly and told her what was going on and she said that the original custody order had been filed in Philly and that Jersey had no jurisdiction and that it would be ok.
In the meantime the grandma had filed in Jersey and had been granted the custody order until Oct 11th. No one had contacted either my son or the boys mum, they took this whack jobs word.
My son called the lawyer again and retained her at a cost of $1800. They have gotten all the paperwork together from the school, his doctor, his dentist etc which proves that he is resident in Philly and has been going to school etc.
Apparently when she went to court in Camden, she told the judge that the boy had been living with her in Jersey for the past year as his mother had abandoned him and that she thought his father was back in England somewhere.
This lawyer lady we have is brilliant, she takes no prisoners and has them shitting themselves. She said the ball had been dropped by the police, the judge etc. They are going to court on Wednesday of next week to get this taken care of and hopefully get him back. Honestly you could not make this shit up. She has been obsessed with this little boy since he was born. I shouldn't keep calling him the boy, his name is Jamie and he is the most gorgeous thing I have ever laid eyes on. My son gets stopped in the street so people can talk to my grandson, everyone thinks he is cute, he is a real babe magnet.
So, major lawsuits all around and hopefully this will be resolved quickly and he will get to go home to his parents. In the meantime I am worried that she will do something dumb when she realizes that she has royally f-d up and will probably never get to see him again.
She lives in Cherry Hill and drives a new black Saab, so if you see her give her the finger for me.

This is terrible, let us know how you get on!

krizzy Sep 24th 2007 1:43 pm

I love my Grandson to bits...but unless he was in danger he has parents...I don't always agree with his upbringing...mum's not that clean...but he is healthy and happy....my son is not with baby's mum anymore...but he does take care of baby 5 days a week so mum can work and go to college...I can't believe someone could plan something like this.....

anabella Sep 24th 2007 5:22 pm

Not an easy time for all involved, I hope the little boy is ok and this gets sorted soon.. let us know how it goes..

effi Sep 24th 2007 5:45 pm

Hey guys
Thanks for all the kind words and support. Nothing has changed. The grandma has been calling around trying to find out where they got the money for the lawyer. The lawyer will be coaching the two of them tomorrow on what is likely to happen in court on Wednesday and my son said she is pretty scary. Good job, someone needs to scare this old bag. Oh and she called a friend of the mum and told her that my son and her are very welcome to go over to Jersey to visit with their son and to call him anytime on the phone, I thought that was pretty big of her.
He has a copy of her complaint from the other grandma and was reading it to me over the phone. There are 24 things listed, I will give you a sample few.

they are not married:ohmy:

she does not have a drivers license.:rofl:

she had a homeless person living in her appartment, (it was infact an old college friend who was on vacation for a week from NY, I guess if you are not living in your own home because you are on vacation you are homeless):confused:

she pays for everything like his tennis lessons etc, not true, the country club where he has supposedly been learning to play tennis is owned by his uncle, so is free.

She lives in Cherry Hill ;)

She had his hair cut because she said he looked like a girl and it was traumatising him and she could not stand it any more, wtf, this little kid is very cool, he loves raggedy jeans, chuck taylors and his old leather biker jacket. She dresses him in polo shirts and chinos, nuff said.

he is a member of the please touch museum and the zoo, all paid for by her, who gives a rats ass what she pays for, it is her choice, all this paid for by her was a repetetive thread throughout this complaint.

She said she does not know where my son is, funny old thing, she appeared at his door on 29th Dec 06 and accused us of kidnapping my grandson, we were up there for Xmas. She called the cops and all, big scene for all the neighbors, it was our weekend with him, but the cops let her take him away, they did not want to hear anything we said, she monopolised the whole conversation. It was not until after she had gone that we got to talk to the police. She told them that my son had warrants out for his arrest and had a restraining order against him. The cop checked into this and none of it was true. We should have sued her at the time for defamation of character, but we are Brits and let it drop. Not this time though, she is going down.

It goes on and on and is all the same crap, it is all meaningless. She is deranged.
When he comes home from his tennis lessons, his mom said she asked him one time to show her what he had been doing. He said no, and to not answer the phone as he did not want to talk to mom-mom. Poor little sod, probably hates going over there but is too young to say anything. I know he loves her, but he is five years old and she is trying to mold him into something he does not want.
I am sure this will all be sorted satisfactorily on Wednesday, but this woman seems to have some kind of pull with officials.

Another scary thing we found out, was about the head teacher at his day care. The other day my son and the mum went over there to get the school records to show that he had infact been going to school. The grandma apparently had just been in asking for the same thing and she gave her copies?? Please excuse me if I am wrong, but she has no right to this info. I also found out that she is on the list of people at the school who is not allowed to pick my grandson up, and she did, one time. Her dopey daughter let it slide. I think the head teacher is being called into court as well. Scary thing is is that she is some kind of director of the PA educational board. My son said that when they turned up the other day for the paperwork and told her what was going on, she was shitting herself. Apparently she tried to get them to drop the case, I wonder why eh, could it be because her ass might be in a sling.
I will keep you informed as to how it all turns out, hopefully common sense will prevail, but you never know, this is after all Americ!!

CaliforniaBride Sep 24th 2007 6:51 pm

Originally Posted by effi (Post 5349584)
Hey guys
Thanks for all the kind words and support. Nothing has changed. The grandma has been calling around trying to find out where they got the money for the lawyer. The lawyer will be coaching the two of them tomorrow on what is likely to happen in court on Wednesday and my son said she is pretty scary. Good job, someone needs to scare this old bag. Oh and she called a friend of the mum and told her that my son and her are very welcome to go over to Jersey to visit with their son and to call him anytime on the phone, I thought that was pretty big of her.
He has a copy of her complaint from the other grandma and was reading it to me over the phone. There are 24 things listed, I will give you a sample few.<snip>

Well Effi, you sound kick ass to me! I would wish you luck but somehow I don't think you'll need it. :thumbsup:

Englishmum Sep 25th 2007 12:24 am

The other granny certainly has some mental health issues.

I wonder if she has lost a child eg. through miscarriage, stillbirth, lost custody, adoption etc.

I'm reading a book right now about many American women who were forced to give up their children for adoption from just after WWII up until the late 60s/early 70s (being sent away to maternity homes as their pregnancy progressed) as their families wanted to avoid the stigma of their daughters being unwed mothers. Many women have susequently never told anyone about their experience - not even their spouses - and they all yearn for the babies they've 'lost'.

Perhaps she considers her/your grandson as a substitute for her own birth-child?:confused:

How old is she? Could her behaviour be a form of Alzheimer's do you think? :confused: