Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My first US road rage incident...

My first US road rage incident...

Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:24 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My first US road rage incident...

Karma points for the levity. Who said Brits don't have a sense of humour?

No, but I was serious. Did you try to let him know what you intended to do or did you just do it? I wasn't talking about sticking your arm out of an open window of a moving vehicle but while you were "sat" at the light as you guys say.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 8:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't.

But in the Boston area you're better off not blinkering in that sort of situation (IMO). If the guy had any idea I was intending to try and get over, he more than likely would have accelerated hard to not let me in which would have prolonged any potential danger since I would have remained along side him for longer than necessary.

I clearly can't know that for sure. But (again touching wood) since I've never had an accident or ticket, and having driven in such diverse places as the autobahns of Germany, the streets of London, the highways of Texas and more recently, the suburbs of Boston, I don't feel my instincts for such things are too shabby.

I know I'd do the same thing in a heartbeat.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:40 pm
Account Closed

Notts_bloke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elliott
really i wonder what a works like a treat means? because i know we have the right to bear arms here and you only need one "works like crap" before you are dead meat. Unless you pack the heat also? which i doubt.
Another reason why I would never live in the US.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:43 pm
Riding on silver wings

ugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond reputeugacrew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
Actually it helps keep that driver next to you in check. Even if you aren't packing heat he has to assume that you are. That's if he's smart. That's one reason I don't throw a finger at someone who cuts me off. I just cuss like a sailor but that's about it.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:47 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Notts_bloke
I love you.
Old Jul 16th 2008, 10:54 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
I love you.
thank you
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:39 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
thank you
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:48 pm

Neathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of lightNeathborn is a glorious beacon of light

No-one else has mentioned it, so I will. If you're in the wrong lane, what's so bad about taking that right turn and then turning back around. It would definitely be the safer option
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Neathborn
No-one else has mentioned it, so I will. If you're in the wrong lane, what's so bad about taking that right turn and then turning back around. It would definitely be the safer option
Taking a 'right turn( USA !! )not the problem but if it was 'left' then I agree and would have put 30 seconds on the journey and be safer and no aggro !
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:47 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
Taking a 'right turn( USA !! )not the problem but if it was 'left' then I agree and would have put 30 seconds on the journey and be safer and no aggro !
depends....around here, you could get stuck and unable to wing around for miles...

pulling out in front of someone really isn't an issue if there's plenty of room, it's when there isn't that it becomes an issue...plus people take driving like a tw@ to a whole new level in this state
Old Jul 18th 2008, 12:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
depends....around here, you could get stuck and unable to wing around for miles...

pulling out in front of someone really isn't an issue if there's plenty of room, it's when there isn't that it becomes an issue...plus people take driving like a tw@ to a whole new level in this state
Accepted Bob,having been subject to a, too close encounter, recently as well.I also understand that taking the left or right turn can mean going some distance to turn around,there never seems to be a pull off, when you want one ! but it can be safer in the long run.
Old Jul 22nd 2008, 9:08 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

We've had a very News worthy Road rage case here.

Woman had road rage over an incident with a male driver. She follows male driver (WRONG) driver feels threatened, shoots not only woman but also 8 year old son.

Turns out he was an off duty Policeman !

ALL the focus has been put on her, as she was not a perfect person past or present.

But, shows how you need to TRY and curb your road rage, as you never know who is driving the other car.

Although I am talking about an area where only 1 in a 100 actually stop if they hit another car or a Person !