Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My cover letter/contents?

My cover letter/contents?

Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:13 pm
Hydey

LoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My cover letter/contents?

So nervous though.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:30 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LoveConquorsAll
Got my interview letter guys, it's set for Feb!
Great Now you can sit back had have a stress free Christmas.
Old Dec 11th 2008, 2:41 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Got my interview letter guys, it's set for Feb!
Wow, great news!
Old Dec 11th 2008, 4:15 pm
Professional Drama Queen

Songbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond reputeSongbird has a reputation beyond repute

So nervous though.
Don't worry about it - I'm almost certain it will all go through just fine. I know that's easier said than done and I also know that when it comes to USCIS you can't compare like with like but at this stage in the game, regardless you're on that roller-coaster till the ride stops. Putting to one side the individuality of each case then it may help you to worry a little less as to the outcome if you consider the bigger picture. Based on anecdotal evidence then VWP-> marriage-based AOS has a high rate of success. Despite one or two recent examples of failure, imo the odds are still comfortably in your favour. While USCIS does get bad press so to speak, (often deservedly - sometimes not) bottom line if you have done everything as above board as you can, within the given regulatory requirements ( which you have) then imo you will have little if anything to worry about at this interview I haven't forgotten about sending / posting my VWP-> AOS interview experience for you to have a gander at. Briefly, VWP -> marriage-based AOS, submitted almost 6 months after my VWP expiry date PLUS a criminal record ( 3 convictions iirc, it was 30 years ago ). We were nervous as hell going to our interview (April this year) but it really was a great interview and we were approved there and then. The IO was wonderful ( not at all like I had imagined they would be) who knows maybe we just got lucky. It was certainly not the interrogation type interview we were expecting, in fact it was as far removed from that as it could possibly be. I know some people have really bad interview experiences but I honestly find it hard to believe that is the norm. Those aside, the majority of accounts I have heard have been pretty similar to ours, courteous and professional ( you do your part i.e bring the required documentation / and they do their's i.e. make sure it's all in order and correct)

Take Poppy girls advice - relax and enjoy the holidays, then in the Jan start the interview preparation
Old Dec 12th 2008, 3:45 pm
All or Nuffin'

Archibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of lightArchibald_Leach is a glorious beacon of light

So nervous though.
If you weren't nervous then you wouldn't care!

I had my AOS on VWP interview a couple of months ago, after the recent scares mentioned on here, as it turned out my interview was very quick and the interviewer did a great job at relaxing us, that's part of their training.

My advice for any interview would be to dress smartly, dont be over familiar, be prepared and be truthful. Our experience was that the initial questions were directed at one or other of us, and as the interview progressed it evolved into a general discussion with either of us answering and correcting or supporting eachother.

It's a 2 way process so you can ask questions in return, to clarify what information he/she is seeking, my experience was that 90% of the questions were aimed at validating the relationship and the remainder were to do with how I had filled my time since arriving here - work - civic contribution etc.

We were asked to provide proof of identity (passports) and the only nervous moment I had was when he tore out the green stub that they normally take on departure so dont be alarmed or surprised if that happens to you. In our case he didnt ask to see any other documentation - my briefcase remained closed!

Good luck - England expects!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:15 pm
Hydey

LoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond reputeLoveConquorsAll has a reputation beyond repute

We were in and out with an approval in under 10 mins! The officer took my I-94 and provided an envelope to return the EAD in once the green card arrives...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:18 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

We were in and out with an approval in under 10 mins! The officer took my I-94 and provided an envelope to return the EAD in once the green card arrives...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
Fantastic news

Are you going to celebrate tonight!!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hmpfh! Guess it paid off listening to your mentor.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:21 pm
Hydey

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
Fantastic news

Are you going to celebrate tonight!!
Hell yes!! haha. A bottle of wine and some munchies is called for i think. Sarah is asleep right now with her woman cramps bless her, and she had a stomach ache all morning from nerves.

I might take her shopping for her wedding shoes for May! (Church wedding )
Old Feb 19th 2009, 3:21 pm
Hydey

Originally Posted by Rete
Hmpfh! Guess it paid off listening to your mentor.
Lol what is that?!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:32 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Feb 19th 2009, 4:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

The_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to allThe_English_Bride is a name known to all

Congratulations to you and your wife!!

Interesting about the envelope for your EAD to be returned in. My IO said nothing about returning mine?
Old Feb 19th 2009, 8:23 pm
Forum Regular

Saito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud ofSaito has much to be proud of

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
That's great! Congratulations to you both.

Once you're done partying, would you like to share with the people who are still waiting for the interview how is went? Some questions, etc. If you prefer just sharing via a private message, or not at all, then it's fine - I'm just getting increasingly nervous as the day gets closer.

But again, congratulations! After watching your threads since the beginning, I kinda grew some sympathy for you and your wife, as you were young and scared and confused but managed to pull everything together after getting help from the great people here. I'm happy your story ended well.
Old Feb 19th 2009, 9:18 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Amazing.

I hope mine goes as smooth. Roll on March 2nd.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 9:13 pm
Hydey

We got to the building at around 7:50am... went straight in through the metal detectors and security.. and headed in the elevator for the 13th floor. We checked in with a security guard showing him our appointment letter and I.D. He told us to go to window 1. I waited at window 1 to which some loud black lady yelled "yo, do i look like i'm over there?" She was at window 2, a few inches over. I smiled and bit my tongue and handed her my letter, she asked if we had a lawyer, i told her no, and she said to take a seat.

There were many couples waiting anxiously, some with lawyers.

At 8:35am, a small pleasant middle-aged woman called for my name. My Wife and I entered and she led us to our little cubicle. It's like an office cubicle. We raised our right hands and were sworn in.

The first question she asked was "What are you two doing married so young?!" My Wife answered that we fell in love and the officer smiled. She asked how old we were, 21 and 20 and asked if we had any photos. We handed her the album that we had... she browsed through and asked a couple of questions about the people and places in there. She saw a picture of my Wife with my cat back in England and said "Awww, anybody who shows me a picture of a cat gets a greencard."

From that point on i was relaxed!

She then asked how we met... i explained over myspace and that we arranged a trip in November for 10 days. She seemed really intrigued and didn't ask anymore. She said that we match together perfectly.

She asked me the standard I-485 "no" questions. She then asked what our future plans are... we told her to get an apartment of our own and start school. She asked how we would afford both to which my Wife replied and told her that her mother said that we can stay with her as long as we like to get our feet on the ground. The officer nodded.

She then asked if i had my I-94, i gave it to her. She said she's taking it as it's expired and she's approving my green card, and it'll be in the mail in 10-14 days. She gave me an envelope and told me that when the Green Card arrives to send the EAD back in there. She wishes us so much luck and hopes that we are married for 100 years!

That's it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.