Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My 2 pence (or cents) worth

My 2 pence (or cents) worth

Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:51 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: My 2 pence (or cents) worth

Originally Posted by bored-silly
Hey gorgeous!
You're looking sexy as ever, darlin'

Nice arse

(Thanks Eskimo... )
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:52 pm
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
Yay!!! Another one for the girlie nights...

Hope you're a boozin' lass

Girlie nights out, been so long I've forgotten what one is, and will quickly pick up on boozin again
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:52 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

You're looking sexy as ever, darlin'

Nice arse

(Thanks Eskimo... )
That BASTARD!
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

ladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond reputeladylisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Ok heres my 2 <currency of choice> worth:

Theres a lot of bitching on here recently about US styles of doing things - and dont get me wrong I'll bitch with the best - but something I've noticed in my own personal world here is that we forget we are foreigners in a foreign country because we do speak the same language and we do have so much culturally in common. Also I've found that Americans also forget I am a foreigner here for the same reasons. And because of this it really does come as quite a shock when it turns out that thngs are done differently here to back in Blighty. Anyway that was my 2 pence or cents (or maybe its 3.6 cents due to the exchange rate?).. Back to the bitching.
I wouldnt call it bitching I think its a shame you do. I would say its more pointing out
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:56 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

That BASTARD!

go to www.rachshotass.com
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:57 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Server appears to be down...
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:59 pm
Forum Regular

Ruslan124 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by snowbunny
I agree. But I also think it's wrong that the age of consent is only 16 in England. Would you agree?
It makes no difference if the age of consent is 16 or 60, the law will not make kids who want to have sex before the legal age of consent change their mind. In fact there are a very large number of kids having sex well before the legal age of consent. Education not legislation is surely a better approach.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 8:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely flippin' with you on that one.

16 year olds are nowhere near emotionally capable of dealing with all the crap that goes with a physical relationship.
I agree that 16 year olds are too young to deal with a physical relationship, but then again, raising the age of consent wouldn't really change much ... I don't really believe that all American children don't have sex 'till they're 18 years old. Just as I don't believe UK children wait 'till they're 18 years old to drink alcohol.

However, raising the age of consent would make certain 'older' men think twice before bedding a 16 year old (in this day and age, there are probably certain 'older' women who need to think twice too!).

My husband, being American, is shocked that UK children are legally entitled to have sex at such a young age ... he said something about telling his mates and how they would all be rushing over to the UK knowing that they could have sex with children legally! lol
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

Guelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond reputeGuelder Rose has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ImHere
Ok heres my 2 <currency of choice> worth:

Theres a lot of bitching on here recently about US styles of doing things - and dont get me wrong I'll bitch with the best - but something I've noticed in my own personal world here is that we forget we are foreigners in a foreign country because we do speak the same language and we do have so much culturally in common. Also I've found that Americans also forget I am a foreigner here for the same reasons. And because of this it really does come as quite a shock when it turns out that thngs are done differently here to back in Blighty. Anyway that was my 2 pence or cents (or maybe its 3.6 cents due to the exchange rate?).. Back to the bitching.
It's not 'bitching', it's just noticing the differences between the UK and the US and having opinions about those differences ... which IMHO is a totally normal practice when visiting or moving to another Country.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ruslan124 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose

However, raising the age of consent would make certain 'older' men think twice before bedding a 16 year old (in this day and age, there are probably certain 'older' women who need to think twice too!).
The US (at least Utah) has laws that protect against the age gap. I have a friend who spent 6 months in Jail for nothing more than a bit of consensual kissing and touching in the back of a car. She was 17 (above the legal age of consent) but he was over 18. Because she is still considered a minor, he went to jail for corruption of a minor. It did not help that the girls father was a Mormon elder and so was the judge.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:05 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't, when I was 15
As long as he wasn't over 18, I don't have a problem with it. I'm merely trying to point out that as long as I'm decreeing what's "morally right" I won't limit it to the US. The US has more of the ills, yes, but I'd tweak a few things about the UK.

Of course, no one has made me queen-for-the-day.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:08 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by snowbunny
As long as he wasn't over 18, I don't have a problem with it. I'm merely trying to point out that as long as I'm decreeing what's "morally right" I won't limit it to the US. The US has more of the ills, yes, but I'd tweak a few things about the UK.

Of course, no one has made me queen-for-the-day.
I have. Feel free to tweak away
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:08 pm
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Guelder Rose

My husband, being American, is shocked that UK children are legally entitled to have sex at such a young age ... he said something about telling his mates and how they would all be rushing over to the UK knowing that they could have sex with children legally! lol
Yes, it is shocking to us that the age of consent would be only 16. Then again, that's a value-based consensus on age. In Holland, the age is 12, though there are degrees of protection that are removed as the child approaches 14.

The age of consent should only apply when one person is over that age. Otherwise you'd have to toss both parties in jail for doing each other! What I would be trying to prevent is predators taking advantage of under 18s and being able to claim it was consensual.

I'm all for a universal age of majority, at 18. Everything. Voting, sex, driving licence, inheritance, paying taxes, you name it. All at 18.
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:10 pm
Lapine Member

I have. Feel free to tweak away
What do you think about the UK having 24 hour pubs AND eliminating the "all you can drink" happy "hours" that encourage binge drinking? If you pay by the drink, and there's no chucking out time, the theory is that there is then no huge chucking out riot. (The first is proposed legislation; I think the second has passed.)
Old Jun 2nd 2005, 9:12 pm
looking for the corkscrew

bored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond reputebored-silly has a reputation beyond repute

Server appears to be down...
That's because its www.rachspotass.com

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.