Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

My 1 year American anniversary is coming up..

My 1 year American anniversary is coming up..

Old Jun 26th 2004, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up My 1 year American anniversary is coming up..

..And I'm still loving every minute of my new life as an expat. I cannot believe that the last year has gone so fast. Still not getting any homesick feelings for Blighty. New job is going well and the people I work with make it fun. I'm earning less money than I was in the U.K. and I was in a more challenging position, but I seem to have got my foot in the door of a very good company. I'm still no where near my AOS interview or greencard, despite many of the people who came in around the same time I did on a K1, now already have theirs. And of course, the most important reason I came here in the first place... my marriage is going great!.

Here's to another great year of being an Expat.
Old Jun 26th 2004, 9:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant futureSteff has a brilliant future
Default Re: My 1 year American anniversary is coming up..

Originally posted by Pimpbot
..And I'm still loving every minute of my new life as an expat. I cannot believe that the last year has gone so fast. Still not getting any homesick feelings for Blighty. New job is going well and the people I work with make it fun. I'm earning less money than I was in the U.K. and I was in a more challenging position, but I seem to have got my foot in the door of a very good company. I'm still no where near my AOS interview or greencard, despite many of the people who came in around the same time I did on a K1, now already have theirs. And of course, the most important reason I came here in the first place... my marriage is going great!.

Happy anniversary

Are you speaking yanky or gaining weight yet?
Old Jun 26th 2004, 10:49 pm
Professional Mover

Location: Derry, NH Via Salem, NH via Ma, NC, ex Manchester, UK.
RoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to beholdRoB1833 is a splendid one to behold

Congrats on making it this far.

I'm coming close to my first year too, wouldn't say that I've been as impressed with the place as you but I'm still here and working at it!
Old Jun 27th 2004, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

Nice one! Good on you enjoying life. I am hoping to make the move to the US as soon as I can from the UK and I cannot wait!
Old Jun 27th 2004, 4:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Steff
Happy anniversary

Are you speaking yanky or gaining weight yet?
Slightly and about 15+ pounds is the answer to those question!.
Old Jun 27th 2004, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

Boulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to allBoulder is a name known to all

I always lose weight when I go to the US. I am a health nut and there is so much choice. That is going off the subject I know!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Pimbot ..its a delight to read about somebody that has had the odd moan on here ...but does not whinge every week about something or other. even your AOS.. no continous whining just accepting thing and enjoying life and family... Sounds like a very contented and happy man... No doubt in my mind you are a Taurus...
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

TexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond reputeTexasPenguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ray6
Hi Pimbot ..its a delight to read about somebody that has had the odd moan on here ...but does not whinge every week about something or other. even your AOS.. no continous whining just accepting thing and enjoying life and family... Sounds like a very contented and happy man... No doubt in my mind you are a Taurus...

My thoughts exactly (well, apart from the 'Taurus' thing!).
Congratulations Pimbot!
Old Jun 28th 2004, 2:17 pm
Brit'n'TX

congratulations! my 2 year anniversary was Friday - and I love the life, people - everything apart from bugs and creepy crawlies!

Old Jun 28th 2004, 3:01 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt in my mind you are a Taurus...
I thought he had an SUV?
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of

Congrats Pimpy, just had my 16yr anny this month and am still loving it.
Old Jun 28th 2004, 8:31 pm
ElsieTheMaid

Congrats Pimpbot! I'm at 17 1/2 years and still loving it!

Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Ray. I even got my bike stolen last week and just shrugged it off. Hopefully in the next few days I'll have a brand spanking new 2005 Focus to replace the pedal power.