Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Muslim cleric arrested

Muslim cleric arrested

Old May 27th 2004, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

effi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud ofeffi has much to be proud of
Default Muslim cleric arrested

Abu Hamza al-Masri has finally been arrested in London, about bleeding time I say.
Old May 27th 2004, 3:33 pm
Forum Regular

Cygnus is an unknown quantity at this point

Apparently the US requires his extradition from the UK for terrorist related offences. However, he seems to have a top notch legal team who are always one step ahead so who knows if he will ever leave the UK!
Old May 27th 2004, 3:33 pm
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Finally!

Full story here
Old May 27th 2004, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

If he is sentenced to death in the US, he will probably appear a martyr to the rest of the terrorist network.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:06 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

The uk authorities have almost certainly made some sort of deal with the uS that this 'cleric' will not have to face the death penalty if extradited.

you can just imagine the outcry by Amnesty international etc if they thought that he would be hanged or electrocuted.

sorry i can't put capital letters in on this keyboard at newark airport lol

it's going to cost the british govt a fortune by the time this guy has exhauste all legal means - but he's making the country a laughing stock and already costing a lot in dss benefits etc

i reckon the govt. mi5 etc have been biding their time to gather evidence

Good bloody riddance. i hope that he is eventually returned to yemen for a trial.
Old May 27th 2004, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

Just so long as he stops wasting/draining UK resources (legal aid and benefits and whatever he has been claiming) with his endless appeals and making an entire mockery of the UK system.