Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

multi-use ESTA?

multi-use ESTA?

Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

graceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nice
Default multi-use ESTA?

Hello all,
Just a quick query about the ESTA that I need before travelling to the States from the UK. I got one recently to travel to Miami in March. Now I'm back in the UK and we are returning to Washington DC for a holiday in May. Can I use the same ESTA and just change the trip details or do I need to apply/buy a new one?
Thank you!
Grace
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: multi-use ESTA?

You don't 'buy' an ESTA - its FREE! Once your ESTA is approved, it's generally valid for multiple entries for up to 2 years, if I remember correctly.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...iration-notice
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:20 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass View Post
You don't 'buy' an ESTA - its FREE!
Used to be! These days you have to pay to get the opportunity of having your mugshot and prints stored in DHS's vast computer.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit View Post
Used to be! These days you have to pay to get the opportunity of having your mugshot and prints stored in DHS's vast computer.
You're kidding! Damn, how things change!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:29 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graceplant View Post
Hello all,
Just a quick query about the ESTA that I need before travelling to the States from the UK. I got one recently to travel to Miami in March. Now I'm back in the UK and we are returning to Washington DC for a holiday in May. Can I use the same ESTA and just change the trip details or do I need to apply/buy a new one?
Thank you!
Grace
If you have the same passport and none of your answers to the yes/no questions have changed (i.e. you haven't meanwhile decided to take up pimping or decided to overthrow the government), you can use the same ESTA. There's is no charge for updating the addresses/airline details.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass View Post
You don't 'buy' an ESTA - its FREE! Once your ESTA is approved, it's generally valid for multiple entries for up to 2 years, if I remember correctly.

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...iration-notice
Well it's $14 if approved and $6 if denied.

Don't need to update details on the ESTA though, but it might be worth while changing the destination address.
Old Apr 4th 2012, 7:04 pm
Just Joined

graceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nicegraceplant is just really nice

Thank you everybody for your replies! As usual this forum is so helpful.
I'll just update my existing ESTA online. Cheers