Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Multi System TV

Multi System TV

Old Jun 26th 2003, 5:25 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Multi System TV

My multi system tv has died,it was 13 years old so that's ok. I still have an operable multi system VCR. I am here in the US and want to be able to view tapes from the UK. Do I have to purchase another multi system TV to do this, or can I replace it with a regular US TV and use the multi system VCR to watch programs on it?? Obviously I am electronically challenged so please be gentle and advise, Thanks!
Old Jun 26th 2003, 5:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

That depends on the VCR, some Multi System VCR's will read both types of tape, and you can select the output to the TV, ie, NTSC or PAL, others will read both tapes, but only output the format that the tape is in. If you have another telly, try hooking it up and seeing what you get
Old Jun 26th 2003, 6:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by simon bland
That depends on the VCR, some Multi System VCR's will read both types of tape, and you can select the output to the TV, ie, NTSC or PAL, others will read both tapes, but only output the format that the tape is in. If you have another telly, try hooking it up and seeing what you get

Hmm, Simon, don't suppose you and your lady would like to make a electronic housecall up the road about 4 1/2 hours?
Old Jun 26th 2003, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

simon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the roughsimon bland is a jewel in the rough

Would luv to......... but....... got family coming in for 2 weeks an Sunday. What make is your VCR, if you let me have the make and model number I will try to find some info for you
Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:24 am
Sursum corda

Originally posted by simon bland
Would luv to......... but....... got family coming in for 2 weeks an Sunday. What make is your VCR, if you let me have the make and model number I will try to find some info for you
It's a Panasonic NG-G50 and an "antique" but it does have auto scan to determine what system the tape in it is.
Old Jun 27th 2003, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, could not find any info on your video, I did, however come across a site that has cheap multi region videos, that will play all types of tape onto both American and UK Telly

Maybe this will be of some use to you, with an American telly, cheap at Walmart

http://www.voltage-converter-transfo...com/vcr-2.html