Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Multi Region DVD Players

Multi Region DVD Players

Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multi Region DVD Players

Originally Posted by lionheart
I have played loads of Region 2( UK) DVD's on my CH300 - no problem. Have you tried buying a DVD cleaning kit or cleaning DVD, it could be dust on the optical eye reader, failing this buy another for $20 after mail in rebate at Circuit City this week? I was almost thinking of buying a spare in case ours goes out

I have three! Got one on sale for 10bux!! Keep that as a spare really. I had this problem on one disc - but it wasnt bad enough you couldnt watch. At the end of the day its really cheap so its not the highest quality - so you might get pixilation and judder occasionally. Also not recommended for use in a high end home theatre set up.

In short - try different discs or just get another!! Hope this helps!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
I have three! Got one on sale for 10bux!! Keep that as a spare really. I had this problem on one disc - but it wasnt bad enough you couldnt watch. At the end of the day its really cheap so its not the highest quality - so you might get pixilation and judder occasionally. Also not recommended for use in a high end home theatre set up.

In short - try different discs or just get another!! Hope this helps!

sorry - just seen that its all your R2 discs - maybe clean as suggested or try buying another?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond reputeBrit3964 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Multi Region DVD Players

A really good DVD recorder/player is the ilo one Wally World sell for $100. I bought one about a year ago and it's great for transfering programs off a DVR or
copying miniDV tapes to DVDs via the firewire port. Quality is good, especially the real-time miniDV transfer to disc. An added extra is the hidden menu (do a google search on the make/model for the crack) which enables region-free player/recorder function. The unit itself is only NTSC output and 110v input. Only negative thing I've found is a slight pause between scene changes occasionally, such as on a Hollywood DVD which could be due to it being a dual-layer disc.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:44 pm
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Big D
sorry - just seen that its all your R2 discs - maybe clean as suggested or try buying another?
Thats the wierd bit, it's only region 2 ... I figured it was the TV maybe not handling the conversion properly (it's a cheapy Apex brand), but my smaller second tv did the same.

I'll probably just pick another one up ... I've spent more than that on DVDs themselves

Just figured I'd check to see if it was common problem or not!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:29 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
The Coby is the default player of recommendation around here, mainly because it's cheap, has decent sound/video, really easy to hack with the remote, it's multi output and multi voltage, small, so makes a great present...i generally wouldn't be recommending a lemon
$40 at Albertson assuming I have the right one, in the flyer.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smeg
Thats the wierd bit, it's only region 2 ... I figured it was the TV maybe not handling the conversion properly (it's a cheapy Apex brand), but my smaller second tv did the same.

I'll probably just pick another one up ... I've spent more than that on DVDs themselves

Just figured I'd check to see if it was common problem or not!
One of ours did that, just before it died Is it still under warranty? We bought one for a friend and his did it so we swapped it for a new one.

One of our cyberhomes died today (that was the second of three), the bloody bugger, I'd just got settled on the couch to have a bit of a Firefly marathon and it packed in so now we only have one left. We talked about getting a more expensive one but then we figured it's just not worth it, may as well just go out and get another cyberhome tomorrow. At that price they are pretty much disposable and we've had over a year out of it.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 4:01 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Boiler
or $27 at Amazon and free shipping. And no tax.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Amazon has a $20 mail in rebate, so it's $20 at the mo...can't beat the price really...but any of the coby one's can be hacked, and for a little more money, they have one that can play mpeg-4 video, so could play divx and xvid movies if you've got any tele shows you want to stick on a cd rather than on a dvd.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 5:12 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
One of our cyberhomes died today (that was the second of three), the bloody bugger, I'd just got settled on the couch to have a bit of a Firefly marathon and it packed in so now we only have one left. We talked about getting a more expensive one but then we figured it's just not worth it, may as well just go out and get another cyberhome tomorrow. At that price they are pretty much disposable and we've had over a year out of it.
what's firefly like anyway? and wasn't that the basis for Serenity? great cheesy movie
Old Nov 25th 2005, 3:28 am
Ivegotta Member

Triumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond reputeTriumphrob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multi Region DVD Recorders

Just came home with a Cyberhome DVR 1600 so I can transfer all my PAL movies (I have a multistandard VHS) onto DVD
Get messages saying cant proceed copy protected, anyone found a hack for this problem?
Rob
Old Nov 25th 2005, 5:20 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Default Re: Multi Region DVD Recorders

Originally Posted by Triumphrob
Just came home with a Cyberhome DVR 1600 so I can transfer all my PAL movies (I have a multistandard VHS) onto DVD
Get messages saying cant proceed copy protected, anyone found a hack for this problem?
Rob
You'll have that problem on most vhs/dvd multi players, that and macro...

but for the hacks...

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.ph...&Search=Search
Old Nov 25th 2005, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
what's firefly like anyway? and wasn't that the basis for Serenity? great cheesy movie
Brilliant, took me a few episodes to get into it and then I was totally hooked. My other half is not a big TV watcher and he was hooked also, we would put an episode on and then another and then we'd put off whatever else we were going to do and watch another

Well worth renting or picking up by other means if you know what I mean to check out a few episodes, we loved it so much we were forced to go out and buy it.
Old Nov 25th 2005, 12:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
Well worth renting or picking up by other means if you know what I mean to check out a few episodes, we loved it so much we were forced to go out and buy it.
I'd seen it on sale somewhere, probably Target or somin', so was curious...am acquiring a few episodes now
Who knows when I'll get around to watching them though...such a pack rat *l*
Old Jan 30th 2006, 2:33 pm
Banned

Desdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond reputeDesdemona has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
there's loads of threads on the subject...but bascially get a hack online, sorted...

http://www.videohelp.com/
Brilliant!! Found the hack for our Cyberhome DVR 1600 on this website, Bob Our VCR stopped working with the Tivo and it was cheaper to get DVD recorder to transfer programs. The hack worked like a dream. Thanks, hon!!
Old Jan 30th 2006, 3:07 pm
Forum Regular

Shish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really niceShish kebab is just really nice

Originally Posted by jamjar
I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to buy a Multi Region DVD player here. I can't seem to find one anywhere. My sister sent me a Peter Kay DVD and I REALLY want to watch it! We've tried playing it on a whole lot of DVD players and the only thing it worked in was my friend's Xbox.
Check this web page this was posted on here before you can get multi region ones that you can actually record on also.
http://www.world-import.com/index.htm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.