Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Multi Region DVD Players

Multi Region DVD Players

Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Multi Region DVD Players

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Thats why I pointed the above out ..... it works on all the Tv's we have in the house .. the multi region one ... and all the NTSC ones. Don't ask me for all the tecnical doin's all I know if that I can finally watch all my UK DVD's (not to mention vcd's )

I finally got to show the kids Father Ted

If you are using a US player that you have hacked the code it is still outputting in NTSC so it dont matter about the TV,
Old Nov 21st 2005, 3:29 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Big D
If you are using a US player that you have hacked the code it is still outputting in NTSC so it dont matter about the TV,
Thats a big IF though
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Coby and the Philips one have dual output, so it ain't an issue...
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 10:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Circus-of-Power
Thats a big IF though

No its not a big if at all. You either are or you aren't. If you are then its not an issue. If its a UK player it will be pretty obvious cos you brought it with you - in which case your TV may or may not take the signal.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 12:06 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

No its not a big if at all. You either are or you aren't. If you are then its not an issue. If its a UK player it will be pretty obvious cos you brought it with you - in which case your TV may or may not take the signal.

OK then .....
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

So basically what you need is not only a multi region (or hacked) DVD player, but it also needs to be multi-output. Unless you have a multi system TV.

If I were to buy both a multi system VCR and multiregion+output DVD player I wouldn't need a multi system TV.

But if I got a multi system TV, I would still need a multi region (or hacked) DVD player and a multi system VCR.

Right?

Elaine
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 3:03 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Tch! You're all so naughty.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
So basically what you need is not only a multi region (or hacked) DVD player, but it also needs to be multi-output. Unless you have a multi system TV.

If I were to buy both a multi system VCR and multiregion+output DVD player I wouldn't need a multi system TV.

But if I got a multi system TV, I would still need a multi region (or hacked) DVD player and a multi system VCR.

Right?

Elaine
Just get a US player that can be 'hacked' and worry about it no more.

Or get a plasma/LCD tv which are basically just monitors so it doesnt matter anyway!
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

HunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond reputeHunterGreen has a reputation beyond repute

Just get a US player that can be 'hacked' and worry about it no more.
But was my line of thinking correct?

Because we're not just looking for a DVD player but all of the above mentioned... for several rooms.

Elaine
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:21 pm
C'mon you Dragons

Schnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to beholdSchnorbitz is a splendid one to behold

Or get a plasma/LCD tv which are basically just monitors so it doesnt matter anyway!
Correct. I bought a European spec Dell LCD Tv over with me and it receives my Directv and DVD just fine.
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

But was my line of thinking correct?

Because we're not just looking for a DVD player but all of the above mentioned... for several rooms.

Elaine

OK - best bet is to get the Cyberhome or one of the other DVD players recommended for 30bux a pop then you can have one in each room and your TV doesn't matter. in terms of VCR you will need a PAL/NTSC one (sorry cant recommend as i dont really use one that much and not for UK tapes!)

Are you buying everything from scratch or have you brought stuff with you? Do you really want to watch UK videos?
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 5:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Do you really want to watch UK videos?
Well, not really, but I'd like to watch my Dutch ones.

The NL has PAL too, like the UK. And our kidlet has a stack of videos that are apparently still valued.... so we're definitely getting a multisystem VCR. I already have my eye on a good one.

I didn't bring over any electronics when we moved, and the 2 tv's hubby had in the US are old and need replaced... might as well do it right.

Thanks.

Elaine
Old Nov 23rd 2005, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well, not really, but I'd like to watch my Dutch ones.

The NL has PAL too, like the UK. And our kidlet has a stack of videos that are apparently still valued.... so we're definitely getting a multisystem VCR. I already have my eye on a good one.

I didn't bring over any electronics when we moved, and the 2 tv's hubby had in the US are old and need replaced... might as well do it right.

Thanks.

Elaine

Well if you want to send through any of those Dutch tapes i will happily test them for you !!
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:23 am
Paul

smeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud ofsmeg has much to be proud of

This is as good a thread as any ... does anyone else with the Cyberhome 300 model have problems with the picture stuttering on Region 2 DVDs? (Only region 2)

I tried it on two TVs, with two different connetions methods ... component and coax on the living room TV, and RCA jacks on the office TV, same effects. Sound is fine, and its on all Region 2 DVDs. I even set the region specifically two 2 instead of 0 with no difference in effect.
Old Nov 24th 2005, 1:29 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smeg
This is as good a thread as any ... does anyone else with the Cyberhome 300 model have problems with the picture stuttering on Region 2 DVDs? (Only region 2)

I tried it on two TVs, with two different connetions methods ... component and coax on the living room TV, and RCA jacks on the office TV, same effects. Sound is fine, and its on all Region 2 DVDs. I even set the region specifically two 2 instead of 0 with no difference in effect.
I have played loads of Region 2( UK) DVD's on my CH300 - no problem. Have you tried buying a DVD cleaning kit or cleaning DVD, it could be dust on the optical eye reader, failing this buy another for $20 after mail in rebate at Circuit City this week? I was almost thinking of buying a spare in case ours goes out

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.