Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to the USA with a pre existing medical condition?

Wikiposts

Moving to the USA with a pre existing medical condition?

Old Aug 28th 2007, 10:41 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the USA with a pre existing medical condition?

Originally Posted by meauxna
but I've got one of those little yellow cards too.. needed for some tourist travel in South America back when. Mainly to show vaccine for Yellow Fever (medically contraindicated) and Typhoid.. ok, just had to get it out for fun, it is an International Certificate of Vaccination as approved by the World Health Organization.
Hey, I have one of those too, from when I went to Egypt. It does bring back memories!

Rene
Old Aug 29th 2007, 8:37 pm
Just Joined

starfleet_hq is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear All

New to expats. I am thinking of emigrating to the US I have one question re pre existing condition.

My son has an underactive thyroid gland which means he needs to take thyroxine everyday for the rest of his life. How will this affect insurance, do we need to buy this or should it be covered?
Old Aug 29th 2007, 11:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by starfleet_hq
Dear All

New to expats. I am thinking of emigrating to the US I have one question re pre existing condition.

My son has an underactive thyroid gland which means he needs to take thyroxine everyday for the rest of his life. How will this affect insurance, do we need to buy this or should it be covered?
What visa are you moving across with? Depends on the type of insurance you get.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 12:33 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
What visa are you moving across with?
I wouldn't waste my time with visa questions... in previous posts, that question was conspicuously never answered. This person wants to move to Houston or San Antonio... how they enter the country, apparently, doesn't matter.

Ian
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:34 am
Just Joined

At this stage I am in 2 minds whether to emigrate or not hence the questions previously posted.

My wife's sister is a US citizen who would look at sponsoring us, I realise this can take some years.

My first cousin owns a number of business' - could be possibilty of again sponsorship, but I don't know if this is viable.

Another but highly unlikely to happen route is entering the DV lottery and gaining a green card as my wife was born in an eligible country

Apologies for the questions I know i'm getting ahead of myself and dreaming that it is easy to get to the US
Old Aug 30th 2007, 1:57 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by starfleet_hq
At this stage I am in 2 minds whether to emigrate or not hence the questions previously posted.

My wife's sister is a US citizen who would look at sponsoring us, I realise this can take some years.

My first cousin owns a number of business' - could be possibilty of again sponsorship, but I don't know if this is viable.

Another but highly unlikely to happen route is entering the DV lottery and gaining a green card as my wife was born in an eligible country

Apologies for the questions I know i'm getting ahead of myself and dreaming that it is easy to get to the US
Cart and Horse

Its likely to be 11 plus years before you could move, anything could happen in that time line.
Old Aug 30th 2007, 2:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
Cart and Horse

Its likely to be 11 plus years before you could move, anything could happen in that time line.
Thanks for the reality check. Looks like I will have to reassess my plans, will have to secure employment first and look at them to sponsor me