Reload this Page >

Moving to USA/Illinois

Moving to USA/Illinois

Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

PaulEMontador is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to USA/Illinois

Hi
My name is Paul,, I work professionally as The Celtic Seer, a Professional Psychic I met the most wonderful person two years ago and am now looking at Moving to USA to be with her.
Any help and advice on pitfalls and hold ups to this would be helpful.
I'm also looking to ship my property, a load of goods already boxed up, Do I need to List every item, What is the best company to use, what are time constraints, and what documentation do I actually need to go about doing this!!
Thank you so much for any help you can give
Paul E Montador
The Celtic Seer
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to USA/Illinois

Hi Paul! Good luck with your move. Hey are you two getting married? Do you have a visa already in hand?
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by AmerLisa
Hi Paul! Good luck with your move. Hey are you two getting married? Do you have a visa already in hand?
Yes we are planning on getting married, but have still to apply for the k-1 as yet!!
So any help advice is appreciated

Many Blessings
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Celtic Seer
Yes we are planning on getting married, but have still to apply for the k-1 as yet!!

Many Blessings
Might want to start in the Marriage Based Visa forum. I'm sure you'll get a lot of information there... Good luck!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Awesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond reputeAwesome Welles has a reputation beyond repute

Though surely, as a psychic, you know all the answers to these questions already.....
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:28 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Awesome Welles
Though surely, as a psychic, you know all the answers to these questions already.....

Good Luck with the wedding planning.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Awesome Welles
Sorry but its a known Fact Psychics have problems reading themselves!!
But I do try!!
I pull three Tarot Cards every day!!
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:49 pm
Just Joined

bunkyboy will become famous soon enough

Maybe tomorrow when you take 3 cards from your tarot deck there might be a "green" one in there
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:49 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute

I'm also looking to ship my property, a load of goods already boxed up, Do I need to List every item, What is the best company to use, what are time constraints, and what documentation do I actually need to go about doing this!!
Hi Paul,

The biggest pitfall is not doing one's research properly. If you're the sort of person who pays attention to detail and reads instructions carefully things should be straightforward. If you're not....well, now's a good time to start!

What shipment method to use depends a lot on how much stuff you are bringing. Some people whittle their essential belongings down to a few boxes and bags. They mail the boxes via FedEx, UPS or the royal mail and bring the bags on the airplane with them. My DH and I shipped about 450 cubic feet of stuff via boat, which was about 200 small-to-medium boxes, two large boxes, some instrument cases and a bunk bed set sans mattresses. Others ship the entire contents of their house, complete with furniture, and some look into shipping cars! If you use an sea-based shipping method plan on being without your stuff for at least 2 or 3 months. A good shipping company will walk you through the paperwork requirements. Keep copies of everything. You will not be able to have the stuff arrive in the US before you arrive there yourself, for customs reasons. You don't need to list EVERY item (ie the title of every book and DVD, the number of socks you are bringing) but you will need to give a reasonable representation of what is in the boxes (ie "books", "clothes", "guitar" etc.)
Old Jul 18th 2011, 3:58 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Many Blessings
Since the K-1 will take you the better part of a year to learn about and complete, you will probably be better off spending your time now learning about that. You'll have plenty of down time in between the steps of that application to learn about things like shipping.

Check out the pinned topics in the marriage based visa forum: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=35
Old Jul 18th 2011, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Since the K-1 will take you the better part of a year to learn about and complete, you will probably be better off spending your time now learning about that. You'll have plenty of down time in between the steps of that application to learn about things like shipping.
That is exactly what I was thinking... get the visa process going first then think about packing etc. It took 8 months from me first applying to having the K1 visa in my passport.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:04 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
My name is Paul,, I work professionally as The Celtic Seer, a Professional Psychic I met the most wonderful person two years ago and am now looking at Moving to USA to be with her.
Thank you so much for any help you can give
Paul E Montador
The Celtic Seer
Good luck with your marriage. I do have one question; do you see yourself as a professional entertainer, or do you genuinely believe you have some supernatural ability? Not going to be snarky - I just wondered.
Old Jul 18th 2011, 6:41 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Good luck with your marriage. I do have one question; do you see yourself as a professional entertainer, or do you genuinely believe you have some supernatural ability? Not going to be snarky - I just wondered.
I know he need a damn good haircut
Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:08 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
I know he need a damn good haircut
Oh that British sense of humor, what a bunch of kidders! No wonder you all miss it when you're in the US.

Old Jul 18th 2011, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

Sorry its not supernatural, its an inbuilt gift!
check out my website www.thecelticseer.co.uk
Promise I'm not advertising, just letting you understand more
I was born with it, and have been told I'm very good

As for haircuts, Nah, I'm a Celt, we always have long wild hair!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.