Reload this Page >

Moving to the USA

Moving to the USA

Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:13 pm
Just Joined

freshapple is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the USA

Hi all,

I am new to this forum and seeking some advice which I am struggling to find on the net.

Me and my girlfriend are considering getting married in the next year. Her brother married an American lady a few years ago and we believe he will be applying for his American citizenship in the next few months as he has been their for over 5 years now.

We were wondering when he gets his citizenship and we are married would it be possible for him to sponsor us to emigrate to the USA and if so what criteria has to be met and how long does it generally take to process including the costs of the paperwork?

Any info you can give us would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Chris
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the USA

If you'd looked 2 posts down, you'd have found somebody asking pretty much the same question.............http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=623658

So do a search and you'll find your answers.
Old Aug 3rd 2009, 7:18 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the USA

Originally Posted by freshapple
We were wondering when he gets his citizenship and we are married would it be possible for him to sponsor us to emigrate to the USA and if so what criteria has to be met and how long does it generally take to process including the costs of the paperwork?
Yes, once he's a USC, he can file an I-130 on behalf of his sister. It takes about 10 - 12 years for a visa number to become available for her to immigrate (and bringing you along as a spouse).

Rene