Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving To Usa

Moving To Usa

Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:03 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving To Usa

Originally Posted by Elvira
I see you have a cunning plan!!...
Always!!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:18 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
Yeah, that Dolphin, I'll keep an eye open for one, just for you!!!
Anyway, I'm not worried, we still have all the paperwork which proves it is no one's fault, but the Air Force, so I'm not bothered at all.
Umm!!! Not their responsibilty... down to the signatories....
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:22 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Umm!!! Not their responsibilty... down to the signatories....
Signatories of what?
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:22 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, I just wanted a direct answer, now I have one, so thanx. I guess I'm already screwed as this is a public forum, but hey now I know. Hopefully they'll come & take me away, at least then hubby can blame it on someone else (Air Force, I didn't have a lawyer) & not the fact that I hate it here!!!

Bye everyone, take care, have a great life. Gotta go...someone's banging on the door...

If you keep us all supplied with Marmite and curry mix we won't tell a soul.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:24 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by dunroving
If you keep us all supplied with Marmite and curry mix we won't tell a soul.
For a nominal fee!!!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:25 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Signatories of what?
I-485
I-130
I-864
or whatever papers you filed with the uscis to AOS..
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:27 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ray
I-485
I-130
I-864
or whatever papers you filed with the uscis to AOS..
Yeah, that was me, but I put on there & told them how I came into the country!!! That's why I didn't understand the problem.
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:31 pm
Ray

Yeah, that was me, but I put on there & told them how I came into the country!!! That's why I didn't understand the problem.
Of course that not usual .. They are not Lawyer ..they may not know the law themselves .. thats why I said don't worry ..

Happens in all sort of ways .. A friend just went into take his florida DL ..
produced his UK licence.. and they said no test required and gave him a Florda DL .. wrong... He is keeping quiet..
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:33 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
and they said no test required ..
lol ...i've heard no jacket required but not no licence good for him but what if he gets pulled over by a cop.. will he be legal
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:36 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Ray
Of course that not usual .. They are not Lawyer ..they may not know the law themselves .. thats why I said don't worry ..

Happens in all sort of ways .. A friend just went into take his florida DL ..
produced his UK licence.. and they said no test required and gave him a Florda DL .. wrong... He is keeping quiet..
I guess my mind just isn't capable of understanding things that aren't cut & dry. For example, I used to live on a base, you have to have a photo ID to get on, those are the rules. Most of my friends knew this, but because it was only enforced 5% of the time, they would get lax & not bring it.

One time, my friends showed up with no photo ID, the girl on the gate wouldn't let them on without it. So they had to turn around & drive home to get it (10 miles away), 30 minutes later, they come back, in the mean time there was a shift change, new guy on the gate, he let them straight in. They were pissed!!!
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
lol ...i've heard no jacket required but not no licence good for him but what if he gets pulled over by a cop.. will he be legal
Yes, if he has a FL DL, he has a FL DL. A cop wouldn't know that he hadn't taken a test in the US even though he should have.
Ray

Of course ..he has a licence ..... if the DL office ever noticed ..they would cover it up and show he did a test to cover their incompetence ...

Goverment department do it worldwide to cover themselves
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:37 pm
Back where I belong!

Yeah, because he's got a FL licence!
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dunroving
Yes, if he has a FL DL, he has a FL DL. A cop wouldn't know that he hadn't taken a test in the US even though he should have.

ok yep i didn't read ray's post correctly...i see now he was given a fl dl...lucky guy
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:38 pm
Ping-ponger

Beat all of you - I'm quick on the draw today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.