Reload this Page >

Moving to the US within the next 3 months

Moving to the US within the next 3 months

Old Nov 20th 2014, 2:14 pm
Just Joined

Anoushka is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the US within the next 3 months

Hi

I am new to the forum and thought I would introduce myself.
I have a great opportunity to move to the US in the next 3 months. Which is very exciting, however having two english bulldogs to transport is proving an interesting challenge.

I am looking to connect with anyone who is travelling one way from the UK to the US, in the next 3 months, with or without animals. We will all be going through the same experience of relocating and wondering if coming together and sharing tips, deals and info would benefit us all.

Looking forward to chatting with you.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 2:51 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the US within the next 3 months

Hi, and welcome to BE.

If you pop over to the US forums you'll find lots of folks that have relocated, including dog owners who'll be able to give you advice.

Best of luck with the move, whereabouts are you heading to?

Old Nov 20th 2014, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Smile Re: Moving to the US within the next 3 months

Thanks for the advice. I ideally want to speak with people in the process of relocating from the UK rather than those already relocated, even though I would never turn down good networking and any help so will certainly try the US forums as well.

We are moving to New York.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:03 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anoushka
Thanks for the advice. I ideally want to speak with people in the process of relocating from the UK rather than those already relocated, even though I would never turn down good networking and any help so will certainly try the US forums as well.

We are moving to New York.
The US forums is the place for advice, whether it's from people who are in the process of moving (lots of those too) or those who have moved recently, or those that moved to the US decades ago!

The Welcome Inn is really just for introductions, so head on over to the US forums and I'm sure they'll be happy to answer your dog transport questions there. Do also check the Wiki as there may well be lots of good info in there about pet transport.

Good luck.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

To put my idea straight out there, so anyone looking at this can see and relate to my situation. I am struggling to find an easy/direct way to get my dogs to the US.

A lot of airlines are not taking Bulldogs, even those that do don't have direct flights. Large dogs have to go through the traumatic experience of going in the cargo hold, in the dark and no one with them for the flight. At best, if there are no delays or issues they will be in a box for 10-12 hours. So I was looking to go via Queen Mary 2, which even though takes 7 days they have some time to get out the kennel and walk and you can visit them on the boat. Also cost wise it is comparable to flying. However the kennels are fully booked until May 2016!!!

My thoughts were that I cannot be the only person with these issues and if the Queen Mary 2 is fully booked until May 2016 there must be demand for travelling to the US with dogs.

So I have been on the hunt for other ways and private jet is an option. Anyone reading this please hear me out as it isn't so expensive once you break it down.
For a 13 seat private jet directly from London to New York, where you can take animals onboard with you, works out cheaper than individual airfare plus having a company take your dogs and transport them.

As I am travelling solo with my two dogs I was wondering if anyone travelling in the first 3 months of 2015 would be interested in discussing the potential of sharing the plane, having their family and dogs on the plane with them. Making the whole relocation process a little smoother and simple and having the comfort of knowing your dogs are safe with you in the cabin.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:12 pm
Just Joined

christmasoompa - thanks will do
Old Nov 20th 2014, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

I've just moved your thread for you, as you'd gone in to more detail it seemed the US forums was the appropriate place for it.

Hope the good folks there can assist.

Best of luck.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 4:29 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

..... For a 13 seat private jet directly from London to New York, where you can take animals onboard with you, works out cheaper than individual airfare plus having a company take your dogs and transport them. .....
Just out of curiosity, how much does it cost to charter a 13 seat private jet across the Atlantic?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 4:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

And do you need to pay for the return leg?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

I have a few quotes around $40-45k for a 13 seater. So works out $3,500 (£2,100) per seat. I have only looked at one way as I thought a few people in this forum may be in my situation and just want one way. Considering BA business one way is £4,400 and premium economy is £1,900. Plus anyone who wants to travel with dogs, transportation with a company is £1,500 a dog. All in private jet is very doable when considering full cost of relocation.

Return trip can be looked into if people need that.

hotscot and pulaski are you curious about private jet prices or also looking to travel?
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute

hotscot and pulaski are you curious about private jet prices or also looking to travel?
Gas up the jet Jeeves, we're going to the Big Apple!
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

I even looked a going via cargo ship and they take 60 days, won't take dogs over 20kg and cost £4,500 - really the jet even though sounds very 'jeeves' is the price of sending a dog and having an economy ticket.
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry no.
I use my own...
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute

But it's not the same cost as 'sending a dog and having an economy ticket', because your assumption is that you would be able to find 12 other like-minded individuals in your exact same circumstances. (I.e. all 12 would also be taking a dog on a one-way trip to NY).

The other question, would any private jet charter firm allow 13 dogs on one flight? (I'm guessing not).

You may be able to find 12 other individuals, without dogs, willing to shell out $3,500 for a one-way ticket to NY, but that is also quite unlikely.

Personally, I would not pay $3,500 for a one-way ticket with a flight full of dogs, even on a private jet. You can fly on the BA 'babybus' from London City to NYC return in Club World (BA business class) for that price. (It's an 'all business class flight and the closest commercial offering to a private jet experience).
Old Nov 20th 2014, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

got a spare seat?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.