Reload this Page >

Moving to the US on an L1-B Visa. Already married to US Citizen - HELP

Moving to the US on an L1-B Visa. Already married to US Citizen - HELP

Old Sep 26th 2005, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

tommyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the US on an L1-B Visa. Already married to US Citizen - HELP

All,

I have been spending an vast amount of time in the US this year with work and work have finally agreed to move me over there on an L1-B Visa. As the company has the blanket L1 status already this should not present an issue.

During my time I met a girl and we got married out in the US. She is a US Citizen and currently lives out there.

So my problem is this, the visa form asks you to declare your spouce. Obviously not disclosing the truth on the application is not an option.

Is this grounds for them to turn down the application? Would they insist on me waiting here and applying through the normal marrage channels?

Thanks - all help REALLY appriciated

Tom
Old Sep 26th 2005, 8:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ivonne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to the US on an L1-B Visa. Already married to US Citizen - HELP

Originally Posted by tommyp
All,

I have been spending an vast amount of time in the US this year with work and work have finally agreed to move me over there on an L1-B Visa. As the company has the blanket L1 status already this should not present an issue.

During my time I met a girl and we got married out in the US. She is a US Citizen and currently lives out there.

So my problem is this, the visa form asks you to declare your spouce. Obviously not disclosing the truth on the application is not an option.

Is this grounds for them to turn down the application? Would they insist on me waiting here and applying through the normal marrage channels?

Thanks - all help REALLY appriciated

Tom
You HAVE to mention your wife. Lying would have serious consequences. But with an L1-Visum it's no problem anyways since this visa category specifically allows immigration intent.
Old Sep 26th 2005, 9:08 pm
Just Joined

tommyp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to the US on an L1-B Visa. Already married to US Citizen - HELP

Originally Posted by Ivonne
You HAVE to mention your wife. Lying would have serious consequences. But with an L1-Visum it's no problem anyways since this visa category specifically allows immigration intent.

EXCELLENT!

I spoke to someone from workpermit.com today who pretty much told me the same thing (and didnt charge me).

Thats a huge weight off my mind.

THANKS!