Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to US

Moving to US

Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:21 pm
Just Joined

zaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to all
Default Moving to US

Hi all,

I am Iraqi engineer working in Dubai since 6 years.
I am willing to move to US and I am asking for the easiest way to reach US. I am a bit worried if I will apply for visit visa from Dubai it might be rejected and my passport will be marked. I need easy, fast and safe way to reach US.
Also I wanna know if I can apply during my visit for asylum visa as an Iraqi due to the bad and dangerous situation in my country., I think Iraqi people are qualified to get asylum visa and get US government support.

Thanks in advance
Old Mar 20th 2007, 12:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to US

Originally Posted by zaid View Post
Hi all,

I am willing to move to US and I am asking for the easiest way to reach US. I am a bit worried if I will apply for visit visa from Dubai it might be rejected and my passport will be marked. I need easy, fast and safe way to reach US.
Also I wanna know if I can apply during my visit for asylum visa as an Iraqi due to the bad and dangerous situation in my country., I think Iraqi people are qualified to get asylum visa and get US government support.

Thanks in advance
Well if you're in Dubai, why do you need asylum?

And I don't think there is any fast, safe, easy way to reach the US, or it'd be overrun by the flood of immigrants.

"get US government support" - I hope you don't mean financial support - that you want to come over here and have the taxpayers support you.

I do sympathise with the situation in your home country.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 1:24 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

As you also seem to want to get to Canada or Europe (preferably Sweden)
Lets put you down as a dreamer.. Asylum why!!! you are already in a safe country ,...
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:17 pm
The Duchess of Putney

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray View Post
As you also seem to want to get to Canada or Europe (preferably Sweden)
Lets put you down as a dreamer.. Asylum why!!! you are already in a safe country ,...
I can see where he is coming from. AFAIK it is not possible for foreigners to put down roots and own property in Dubai. I think they can't even marry a local woman. So most foreigners in Dubai are there simply for work. Since the situation in Iraq is unlikely to change any time soon, Zaid may have a case for asylum. I'm just not sure the US is the best place.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:23 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
I can see where he is coming from. AFAIK it is not possible for foreigners to put down roots and own property in Dubai. I think they can't even marry a local woman. So most foreigners in Dubai are there simply for work. Since the situation in Iraq is unlikely to change any time soon, Zaid may have a case for asylum. I'm just not sure the US is the best place.
Umm!!! we have Members here who own property there and have married a local ....
Old Mar 20th 2007, 3:28 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Go to Mexico and walk in like everyone else.

Next post will be why is it so hard for Iraqui's to get visitor visa's.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:31 pm
Just Joined

zaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to allzaid is a name known to all

Hi all,

thanks for your advices.

Even in Dubai the situation of Iraqi people is so difficult related to the visit or employment visa due to the bad situation in Iraq. Also life is artificial in Dubai
and there is no stability. I really confused and the way is not clear for me.
I am feeling that I am standing on a movable sand and when I see back side I see fire eating my country also when I see front side I see all places are very far. We got tired from war and blood and wanna live in peace.
Wanna be settled down. We were very rich people due to the resources of our country and I have a photos in most of European countries during our vacation, but unfortunately now we are looking for any country to complete our life there. In fact there is no place like home...east or west home is best... But I think we have right to live in peace...

I already applied for immigration to Canada but I dont know how long it takes to be there but I hope I will get it. Meanwhile I have a friends in US I will visit them in my annual leave and see the situation there.

By the way, I mean by government support is giving me the right to live, work and study until the process will be done.

Many Thanks
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

When did Borat join the forum?
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Harsh

I would not make any travel plans until you have a visitors visa to the US, you have already broadcast your intent to apply for asylum.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:48 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira View Post
you have to claim alsyum in the first country you arrive in technically, since he's in DXB, the US would probably refuse it.

To the OP, read the article on ways in and see where you fit.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:48 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

zaid, I'm afraid I have no advice to offer you, but do wish you all the best, and completely sympathise with the situation in your country.

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
See here
Old Mar 20th 2007, 4:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

thanks for your advices.

Even in Dubai the situation of Iraqi people is so difficult related to the visit or employment visa due to the bad situation in Iraq. Also life is artificial in Dubai
and there is no stability. I really confused and the way is not clear for me.
I am feeling that I am standing on a movable sand and when I see back side I see fire eating my country also when I see front side I see all places are very far. We got tired from war and blood and wanna live in peace.
Wanna be settled down. We were very rich people due to the resources of our country and I have a photos in most of European countries during our vacation, but unfortunately now we are looking for any country to complete our life there. In fact there is no place like home...east or west home is best... But I think we have right to live in peace...

I already applied for immigration to Canada but I dont know how long it takes to be there but I hope I will get it. Meanwhile I have a friends in US I will visit them in my annual leave and see the situation there.

By the way, I mean by government support is giving me the right to live, work and study until the process will be done.

Many Thanks
I understand now. I am sorry if I sounded harsh before. I do wish you good luck - everyone deserves to be happy.
Old Mar 20th 2007, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Thanks in advance
The easiest route is not necessary the legal route. If you want to move to the US permanently, the only option is the legal route. Read this as a place to start-
http://britishexpats.com/articles/us...rk-in-the-usa/