Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to UK with child born in USA

Moving to UK with child born in USA

Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:38 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to UK with child born in USA

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Yes I was being reactionery, which is regrettable yet understandable.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 6:44 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
We all have our bad days!
Old Jul 20th 2005, 7:56 am
BE Enthusiast

jaytee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vegasmum
We have been living in the USA for 3.5 years now and our son was born here, we're planning to move back to the UK next year as our visa will expire and I just wondered exactly what I need to do for our son to be able to live there with us. I've already registered his birth at the Embassy in DC and have his UK passport, is this all there is to do??? Grateful for any help

make sure he's got his US passport and UK passport before leaving the US, obviously

In UK apply for NI number and bank account as soon as possible.. they can be hard to get for someone who has been living outside the UK.
Old Jul 20th 2005, 12:55 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
Rita told her she had answered her own question. I really dont see how you could possibly be offended, I really dont see how you could be moved enough by a truthful statement to have a snip at reply to Rita. I think that "if you don't have any words of advice, solace, empathy or knowledge then why post at all?"

You can also stop the Mary Poppins act [QUOTE=Sarah]
Does it make you feel better to look down your nose at people who come on here for the first, second or 40th time asking a question that from your high horse and in your infinite wisdom you deem to be an uncessary one?
QUOTE] because I didnt answer the question, I just defended Rita from you. Vegasmum can ask as many dumb questions as she likes and the chances are I will not bother to reply (just like I would not have replied to this thread) but the fact you had a go at another (legendary) poster (when I agreed with her sentiment) prompted me to post.

Just for the record, I dont write unfriendly posts, people read my posts as unfreindly. The truth is sharper and more painfull than any sword - the fact that you are all adults makes me think I need not sugar coat it.

Patrick