Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

moving to the U.S.

moving to the U.S.

Old Jan 14th 2002, 5:43 pm
Horsedick Ok
Posts: n/a

I am an american citizen married to a canadian.we have filed fo AOS but haven't had
an interview scheduled yet. My question is it legal or a common practice to move
personal goos into the U.S. with a moving
co. before AOS is granted? or should we wait until she gets her greencard. Her
belongings can be loaded without her presence as she has relatives still there.
Also what documentation is needed?
Old Jan 15th 2002, 3:20 am
Posts: n/a

My husband moved from Canada - with his K-1 visa - in a U-haul truck with all his
things. However, if your wife just entered the US and you got married, she can go
back to get her belongings once she has her Advance Parole. At the border when you
are returning to the US, she will need an itemized list of everything she is bringing
with her. Also you should have a copy of your marriage license, and the receipt of
your AOS filing (not always asked for, but good to have on hand). If you are using a
moving company, you need to ask them what documents they require. They will need an
itemized list of items, and most likely a copy if the AOS filing receipt, but you
need to check with the company you choose. Either way - she doesn't need to wait for
her Green Card to get her things. Take Care. Shelley


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.