Reload this Page >

Moving to Texas (From Maryland)

Moving to Texas (From Maryland)

Old Jun 24th 2013, 9:19 pm
Just Joined

toshtishtash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Texas (From Maryland)

Hi all (or soon to be howdy y'all?)

I have been living in Maryland for the past 5 years after moving here from England (Newquay) in 2008. My Husband and I, along with our 2 year old Son are planning a big move to Texas next spring. New Braunfels is the place that we have decided on.

Anyone fellow Brits living in that area?

Can anyone offer me any tips? Do you like living in Texas?
Old Jun 26th 2013, 4:45 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Texas (From Maryland)

Originally Posted by toshtishtash View Post
Hi all (or soon to be howdy y'all?)

I have been living in Maryland for the past 5 years after moving here from England (Newquay) in 2008. My Husband and I, along with our 2 year old Son are planning a big move to Texas next spring. New Braunfels is the place that we have decided on.

Anyone fellow Brits living in that area?

Can anyone offer me any tips? Do you like living in Texas?
I live in Houston now, and my brother lives in San Antonio, but our family lived in New Braunfels when we were schoolkids. I have liked Texas (all but the heat and mosquitoes and abusively religious people), and in NB you are close enough to major cities without being too close, if you know what I mean, but there are a lot of out-of-towners there. For us the best part of NB was being so close to the coast and the river; the worst part was unfortunately the below-standard school system. Prepare for your kids to be ahead of the others if they go to the state school. If I had a choice now, I'd choose west of Houston or northwest of San Antonio; others who live in Austin or Dallas may have favorite neighborhoods. I'm an American-born city chick so take that as you will