Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Wikiposts

Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:46 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Originally Posted by Big D
when i was about 5 I gave my golly to Clive Lloyd - he saw the funny side despite the uproar it caused in my mums office!!
I bet they were really bowled over by your generosity.

And on that note, I shall sullenly return to work.
BTW, I work for Japs
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:47 am
Banned

brindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sarah
Methinks its a nervous newbie hitting the reply button without thinking.

Sometimes when people first join here they create 'hot topic' threads to get everyones attention that they've arrived. Happened before, happening now, it'll happen again.

No, no, no. Let's not all climb up onto that sweet pedastal and sneer at the "newbie" who....awwwww, bless, doesn't know what they're doing. I pulled no punches, made an honest post, and sadly ran into a few people who decided to take every last phrase, syllable and sentence at literal value, over-analysing figures of speech, and giving me some "We are the world" fairytale nonsense. Talk about twisting words...my post looks like a bedspring.

I live in urban Houston, I work in urban Houston, I work, live and coexist with urban Houstonites so I know what I'm talking about. And the liberal, fancy-pants rhetoric of some Expat living behind a white picket fence in North Carolina or Topeka can change what I face. Now deal with that.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:47 am
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
I bet they were really bowled over by your generosity.

And on that note, I shall sullenly return to work.
BTW, I work for Japs
Do you have to do the funny exercises in the morning?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:49 am
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brindlebrundle
I pulled no punches, made an honest post, and sadly ran into a few people who decided to take every last phrase, syllable and sentence at literal value
Not really, we (most, not few) know you're talking sh!t.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:50 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gardnma
I still have two golly's.
When my Mrs saw them she just about fainted.

and no, I don't still sleep with them.....
I still have the golly I was given as a christening present. Apart from husband,kids,dog he would be the first thing I saved in a fire. He is very old and tattered now and he has been through all of lifes major (and minor )events with me. And he doesn't like being stereotyped.

As for the original post...I can't be bothered
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:51 am
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Awwww, who banned him? I was just getting into that.

What were the other aliases?
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

No, no, no. Let's not all climb up onto that sweet pedastal and sneer at the "newbie" who....awwwww, bless, doesn't know what they're doing. I pulled no punches, made an honest post, and sadly ran into a few people who decided to take every last phrase, syllable and sentence at literal value, over-analysing figures of speech, and giving me some "We are the world" fairytale nonsense. Talk about twisting words...my post looks like a bedspring.

I live in urban Houston, I work in urban Houston, I work, live and coexist with urban Houstonites so I know what I'm talking about. And the liberal, fancy-pants rhetoric of some Expat living behind a white picket fence in North Carolina or Topeka can change what I face. Now deal with that.

Yeah you're right I'm so sorry for you it must be so tough having to live here in America among all the nasty black people, poor whitey it must be so tough for you.
Grow up!
Tool

Old William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond reputeOld William has a reputation beyond repute

I've arrested whites, blacks asians, easter europeans and hispanics. No ones exempt from having criminal tendencies but to deny that certain areas of society are more likely to be is naive. For instance, here in the UK in Hull you are far more likely to come across a white "chav" type criminal than a black or asian one. Why? Because the white population vastly out numbers the others, yet in Bradford you're more likely to come across an Asian criminal and in certain London boroughs the majority of the criminal element are blacks...Now I wonder why that might be?

This doesn't mean ALL whites in hull are chav tossers or all asians in Bradford or all blacks in certain London boroughs are criminals...what it means is that criminals tend to form the same demographics as the rest of the population.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:52 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
I certainly was not calling you a racist and did if you took my post that way I apologize. I quoted your post for the OP to show that you can't make blanket statements just because of a particular area. My white neighbors across the street were arrested for dealing, they should have also been charged with leaving their Christmas lights up for the last five years but that's another story.
No probs.

The xmas light thing is a prob though....
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:53 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterbainham

Aaaaahhh Houston area of course.....thats where the same troll as usual is from. You know, blood fella, Tolos, etc etc
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

And you knew what you would get as you put it in your original post - you have made your own bed spring out of this post going from your experiences to making statements about all black men being racist - you cant make up your mind between Texas, Houston and the whole of the USA - you then use phrases that mark you out as the racist you didnt want to become.

We all agree that this is going on in areas of urban Houston - but it cant be seen as representative of all black people - FACT. Deal with that and get off your own high horse.
Slight chance of Showers

dan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond reputedan_alford has a reputation beyond repute

Ahh the usual "picket fence" BS. I live in a very urban, 9 out of 10 household is black, 2 miles from a very bad slum area in Memphis. I have seen those types you mention but I have also seen black people who are polite, well spoken and will help you out. I have also seen white people who are snooty, look down their nose at me and treat me like dirt because of where we live.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:54 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sarah
Aaaaahhh Houston area of course.....thats where the same troll as usual is from. You know, blood fella, Tolos, etc etc
tolos of course, that's the alias i've been trying to think of...
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peterbainham

bugger - just as it was getting nice and warmed up!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:56 am
Being myself

Originally Posted by dan_alford
Ahh the usual "picket fence" BS. I live in a very urban, 9 out of 10 household is black, 2 miles from a very bad slum area in Memphis. I have seen those types you mention but I have also seen black people who are polite, well spoken and will help you out. I have also seen white people who are snooty, look down their nose at me and treat me like dirt because of where we live.
Hey Dan, save your breath, he's gone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.