Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Wikiposts

Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Originally Posted by gardnma
OK,

Lets all list 10 things we miss from England.
I'll start:

Golly Wogs.

Robinsons Jam
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:28 am
Banned

brindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Big D
You see - you make some good and valid points - then you make a broad brush comment like this which will get you labelled as a racist.

No one disagrees that what you say exists to some extent - the issue is that its not all blacks and not limited to blacks.
Maybe so, but I still say that if we took a pro-rata population count (with a proportioned ratio) of whites, asians, blacks and whites living in Houston and tallied up the percentage of those with criminal records, bad educations, poor attitudes and sense of entitlement, we'd see the black community top the list.

Racist? Whatever. Likely? Yes.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:29 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

OK,

Lets all list 10 things we miss from England.
I'll start:

Golly Wogs.

lol i've still got my collection of golly's
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:30 am
Banned

brindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Don't let Peter Bainham see them, for Gawd's Sake.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:30 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brindlebrundle
You've misunderstood my words. I was indicating that in American culture, the notion of the black man stealing or "raping a ho" is as much an accepted part of life as the rising of the sun. Those who ignore it are not seeing the full picture.

Aaah FFS, it's not even worth trying! You seem somewhat educated to be a complete ignorant racist but yet your posts are completely racist so maybe you are uneducated. I'm out, pass the bait to someone else!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by brindlebrundle
Don't let Peter Bainham see them, for Gawd's Sake.

lol they're so cute
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:32 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by TruBrit
I still have two golly's.
When my Mrs saw them she just about fainted.

and no, I don't still sleep with them.....
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:38 am
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
Aaah FFS, it's not even worth trying! You seem somewhat educated to be a complete ignorant racist but yet your posts are completely racist so maybe you are uneducated. I'm out, pass the bait to someone else!
I'm glad the other shoe finally dropped.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:39 am
Mr. Grumpy

BritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond reputeBritGuyTN has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
I live 20 minutes from East Palo Alto, several years ago named crime city of the US. My husband and I have many friends who live there, my husband works with these friends every day. They don't steal, don't sell drugs and they are always welcome in our house. There houses have been shot at, they have seen people shot, they have drug dealers dealing outside of their houses but just because they live in that neighborhood doesn't mean that they deserve to get caught up someone else's racism!

What are you trying to say? I'm a racist? Didn't you read the part of my post where I said talked about a subset? And the fact that I've cleaned up a development of nearly 50 apartments so that that my tenants who are hardworking individuals don't have to deal with dealers in pimped out dodge chargers/caddys selling crack...

And having friends who live in a place is not in the same ballpark as living there yourself. We could move to a much 'nicer' neighbourhood but we would not get the diversity that we get now.

I am in general a bit of an asshole, I really don't discriminate. My brother-in-law's white trash lazy girlfriend comes infor the same castigation as anyone else who I feel is a waste of space
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:40 am
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

So do I. I'll keep them away from brindlebundleofbullshit though. He'll probably lynch them.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:41 am
Account Closed

lol that's good to hear..
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:41 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
I'm glad the other shoe finally dropped.

Methinks its a nervous newbie hitting the reply button without thinking.

Sometimes when people first join here they create 'hot topic' threads to get everyones attention that they've arrived. Happened before, happening now, it'll happen again.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:42 am
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by peterbainham
So do I. I'll keep them away from brindlebundleofbullshit. He'll probably lynch them.

No need, they allready have papier mache chains on, which was a Sunday school project back when I was a choirboy.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

when i was about 5 I gave my golly to Clive Lloyd - he saw the funny side despite the uproar it caused in my mums office!!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:45 am
Open All Hours!

LeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond reputeLeedsGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritGuyTN

What are you trying to say? I'm a racist? Didn't you read the part of my post where I said talked about a subset? And the fact that I've cleaned up a development of nearly 50 apartments so that that my tenants who are hardworking individuals don't have to deal with dealers in pimped out dodge chargers/caddys selling crack...

And having friends who live in a place is not in the same ballpark as living there yourself. We could move to a much 'nicer' neighbourhood but we would not get the diversity that we get now.

I am in general a bit of an asshole, I really don't discriminate. My brother-in-law's white trash lazy girlfriend comes infor the same castigation as anyone else who I feel is a waste of space
I certainly was not calling you a racist and did if you took my post that way I apologize. I quoted your post for the OP to show that you can't make blanket statements just because of a particular area. My white neighbors across the street were arrested for dealing, they should have also been charged with leaving their Christmas lights up for the last five years but that's another story.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.