Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Originally Posted by Sarah
What for? Surely you can realise that poor black people are about as truthful a reflection of the black population as chavs and the lower working classes are a reflection of white people.
That *would* make white people uncomfortable...
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:16 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by brindlebrundle
That's interesting, TrueBrit. Five years in Houston and no bad experiences with the less affluent black population?

The idea of the arrogant, ignorant African American is so ingrained in American popular culture that comedians like Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock make millions from it. Jokes about certain groups of black people not paying their bills or calling women "hos" is an accepted part of life here. The sun will rise each morning, dogs will bark, the rain will fall, and blacks will take another shortcut. Welcome to life in the USA. That's what makes me sick.

yep i laugh at the jokes much the same as i laugh at the jokes about us pom's, limey's whatever anyone chooses to call us brits...it's called taking the mickey and i miss that so much over here. in my part of houston there are not so many blacks as mexicans, we are over run with them.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:17 pm
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to life in the USA. That's what makes me sick.
Who's forcing you to stay? You seem to hate it here. If you loathe it to such an extent, then leave. Problem solved.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:17 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by lionheart
THe OP has 11 posts and is probably on a wind up

yep i suspect you are spot on
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:18 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

That's interesting, TrueBrit. Five years in Houston and no bad experiences with the less affluent black population?

The idea of the arrogant, ignorant African American is so ingrained in American popular culture that comedians like Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock make millions from it.
Sure, but they makes jokes about the "crackers" and "'spics" too.

Jokes about certain groups of black people not paying their bills or calling women "hos" is an accepted part of life here.
Only to a point. Ask that Seinfeld guy.

The sun will rise each morning, dogs will bark, the rain will fall, and blacks will take another shortcut.
Don't you mean "less affluent blacks" or you changing tack again?

Welcome to life in the USA. That's what makes me sick.
Then go home. There are millions of people out there who would gladly take your place. Perhaps you could move to Peckham where you can continue your studies of less-affluent blacks.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:18 pm
Banned

brindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by LeedsGirl
In your previous post you were only talking about where you lived, now you've changed it to the USA. Racist! That's my opinion not the friggin PC opinion
I didn't say that was MY opinion, I said that "The idea of the arrogant, ignorant African American is so ingrained in American popular culture"

I've not changed MY opinion at all. But thanks for the racist label...it was coming sooner or later.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:19 pm
Banned

brindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Maz
Who's forcing you to stay? You seem to hate it here. If you loathe it to such an extent, then leave. Problem solved.

There's always one.
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Flange,
Penile drip,
Haystacks,
Blouse buttons.
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

The idea of the arrogant, ignorant African American is so ingrained in American popular culture that comedians like Dave Chappelle and Chris Rock make millions from it. Jokes about certain groups of black people not paying their bills or calling women "hos" is an accepted part of life here. The sun will rise each morning, dogs will bark, the rain will fall, and blacks will take another shortcut. Welcome to life in the USA. That's what makes me sick.
Did you ever think that maybe YOU and your superior attitude make them sick? Maybe they see right through you and maybe you make them so sick that they torment you and take the piss out of you? Maybe they're a lot smarter and lot more savvy than you give them credit for ..... and maybe that's why you're miserable and they probably don't think twice about you. Maybe when confronted with their arrogance you are too cowardly to speak up and that makes you feel impotent and humiliated?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Leslie66
Did you ever think that maybe YOU and your superior attitude make them sick? Maybe they see right through you and maybe you make them so sick that they torment you and take the piss out of you? Maybe they're a lot smarter and lot more savvy than you give them credit for ..... and maybe that's why you're miserable and they probably don't think twice about you. Maybe when confronted with their arrogance you are too cowardly to speak up and that makes you feel impotent and humiliated?
You've misunderstood my words. I was indicating that in American culture, the notion of the black man stealing or "raping a ho" is as much an accepted part of life as the rising of the sun. Those who ignore it are not seeing the full picture.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:24 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

You've misunderstood my words. I was indicating that in American culture, the notion of the black man stealing or "raping a ho" is as much an accepted part of life as the rising of the sun. Those who ignore it are not seeing the full picture.

What on earth are you talking about?
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

There's always one.
More than one, my dear. Read post 65.
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

The sun will rise each morning, dogs will bark, the rain will fall, and blacks will take another shortcut. Welcome to life in the USA. That's what makes me sick.

You see - you make some good and valid points - then you make a broad brush comment like this which will get you labelled as a racist.

No one disagrees that what you say exists to some extent - the issue is that its not all blacks and not limited to blacks.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

gardnma will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Big D
You see - you make some good and valid points - then you make a broad brush comment like this which will get you labelled as a racist.

No one disagrees that what you say exists to some extent - the issue is that its not all blacks and not limited to blacks.

OK,

Lets all list 10 things we miss from England.
I'll start:

Golly Wogs.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

WTF are you on now - so all black men are rapists? That is not accepted and again you are now making racist comments - whether you like it or not

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.