Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Old Nov 28th 2006, 3:59 pm
Banned

brindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Moving to Texas has made me a racist

Originally Posted by Maz
But you have a problem with ebonics... that's rather ironic.
I'm talking about people who dissect every word in a post and maul somebody for any mildly politically incorrect thing they say. Naturally I am not talking about every one of the 100,000,000 black people that live in the US. Obviously, I am only talking about those I have encountered. That is just common sense and I assumed people would grasp that without me having to spell it out. Again with the "...with reference to the select percentage of the Houston african-american ethnic population, particularly in reference to the locales of Humble, Huffman and Katy as per the period 2004-2006..."

And that is still different to listening to fully mature adults say "Yo G, Shizzle my fizzle. You tappin' me, dawg? Word."

I'm a stickler for good education and maturity.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:04 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brindlebrundle
I just don't have the time or patience for people who nitpick linguistics and tear a message apart for every politically incorrect reference they can find. Sweeping statements, etc...you know what I'm talking about without forcing me to be PC and pedantic.

"With reference to the select percentage of the Houston african-american ethnic population, particularly in reference to the locales of Humble, Huffman and Katy as per the period 2004-2006..."

Perhaps I should go the whole hog and refer to blackboards as personboars, eh?
So, to sum it up, you're entitled to say anything you want in whatever way you want, and be as offensive as you like, but you'd like to remind the rest of us that our only options are to agree with you or word our disagreement as carefully as we can, so we don't hurt your feelings.

Does that sound about right?
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:07 pm
Banned

brindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of lightbrindlebrundle is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by dbj1000
So, to sum it up, you're entitled to say anything you want in whatever way you want, and be as offensive as you like, but you'd like to remind the rest of us that our only options are to agree with you or word our disagreement as carefully as we can, so we don't hurt your feelings.

Does that sound about right?
No, not at all. I welcome discussion and debate, which so far only Leslie66 has been able to provide. Everyone else is more preoccupied with pedantic nonsense about my wording, or "Love thy neighbor" rants.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:07 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I'm talking about people who dissect every word in a post and maul somebody for any mildly politically incorrect thing they say. Naturally I am not talking about every one of the 100,000,000 black people that live in the US. Obviously, I am only talking about those I have encountered. That is just common sense and I assumed people would grasp that without me having to spell it out. Again with the "...with reference to the select percentage of the Houston african-american ethnic population, particularly in reference to the locales of Humble, Huffman and Katy as per the period 2004-2006..."

And that is still different to listening to fully mature adults say "Yo G, Shizzle my fizzle. You tappin' me, dawg? Word."

I'm a stickler for good education and maturity.
Making fun of the way they speak does hurt your credibility a little, I'm sorry. Good education and maturity is best expressed by refraining from making fun of a less educated persons poor grammar.

FWIW - Anybody who has never been around African Americans and then is dropped in the middle of inner-city Houston, Los Angeles, New York or Chicago etc etc is not going to see the best or the brightest unless they make an effort. There is a very large and affluent black community in Houston as well .... but they're busy living their normal lives and don't attract nearly as much attention as the gang-bangers and loud mouths.

I wouldn't judge the entire UK based upon a few Chavs ..... however, it is nice to know (before you go) what you might run across as the lowest denominator - so you won't jump to too many conclusions based on your limited experience.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

No, not at all. I welcome discussion and debate, which so far only Leslie66 has been able to provide. Everyone else is more preoccupied with pedantic nonsense about my wording, or "Love thy neighbor" rants.
Well I posted something quite normal....
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:11 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Well I posted something quite normal....
I suppose it had to happen eventually.....
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:12 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

That is good to know. I try to remember that I am working in an urban setting and my experiences are very much a "micro study" of the entire population. I was interested in others feedback. Cheers for your good point.
I'm glad you refer to it as a "micro study" but exactly how many people black people do you know and live/work around? If it's say, less than ten, then we have to ask where we get our impressions of black people. For most of us it's through the media which time and time again gives a very distorted view. Take, for example, some pictures in a well-known newspaper of black people in New Orleans during Hurricane Katrina with the descripition underneath saying that they were 'looting'. Go forward a few pages to find an almost identical picture - but this time with white people - and it describes them as 'looking for food'. This is no isolated example as the media makes a habit of demonising poeple who aren't white Americans. Why? Because fear - and especially fear of blacks, Mexicans and foreigners - sells.
Ask yourself this - when have you or someone you know been a victim of a crime perpetrated by a black person? Personally, I've twice been the victim of crime - both times by white people .... and I've lived in London, Madrid, Texas and Africa.
Clearly this is a very emotive issue and I can definitely see it escalating. Which is good because it's been pretty dull here of late.

Last edited by peterbainham; Nov 28th 2006 at 4:15 pm.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
I suppose it had to happen eventually.....
Still not from you though
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:15 pm
Account Closed

cabritpop is an unknown quantity at this point

This will piss you off, I translated your first post in this thread using gizoogle

DefaultMov'n ta Texas has mizzle me a racist
I feel so terrible `bout T-H-to-tha-izzis, but I cizzan't help myself if you gots a paper stack. Before anyone derides me wit hustla "We is all equal" speeches, pleaze takes a moment ta read mah explanation ya feelin' me?.

I witheld this all fo` so long, but in recent months, I find me mobbin' very racist towards black Americans so bow down to the bow wow. Not bliznack thugz as a whole (like I said, I baller considered racism back home)...but BLACK AMERICANS.

Bustin' up in England, racism always seemed ta be limited ta tha cracka generizzles n a minority of "haters" who wizzle prejudiced against steppin' - gays, P-to-tha-izzosh people, pizzy people, catholics, protestants, etc n shit. Racism was wanna be gangsta a main issue in mah life, I had many bliznack niggaz weed-smokin' up in school. The Chinese thugz in tha chizzip shops were always so friendly n neighborly ta us. The majority of doctors I saw wizzy kind African or Indian men . Snoop heffner mixed with a little bit of doggy flint. Racism neva touched mah life except fo` tha occasional bigot.

All tha stereotizzles of "lazy", "cheaters", "immoral", etc seemed so far from tha mark coz all tha B-L-to-tha-izzack thugz I knizzew wizzy tha M-to-tha-izzost integral, honest n ho-slappin' - shopkeepa, doctors, nurses, cracka etc. racism was simply tha narrow minded behavior of idiots.

Sadly, here in Texas, I find these stereotizzles ta not only be true, but sum-m sum-m that mizzost young blizzay thugz takes PRIDE in with my forty-fo' mag. It's almost an accepted way of life over hizzle . I'm a mutha ****in 2-time felon.. Laziness, lack of education, drug culture, ridin' victim mentalizzles lack of responsibilizzle poor speak'n skills, lack of obligation, poor dress sense, aggressive n steppin' demeanours, etc. I've seen it all here first hand n it's sad tizzle I find me being not only scared of these people, but beginn'n ta resent thiznem.

I hear tha phrases "baby daddy" n "baby momma" hizzle all tha time . Freak y'all, into the beat y'all. It's used ta refa ta a bliznack fatha who is no baller wit tha nigga of his child(ren). There is no disgust or shame in this phrase, infact thugz use it all tha time wit a smile on they face n shit.

"Excuse me, is tizzle yo husband?"
"Hell no, honey child, that's mah baby-daddy."

Yes, he had casual sex, didn't use protection, happily brought a child into an environment of sleaze n poverty n then tizzle off wit shawty support like this and like that and like this and uh.

I playa seem ta find black thugz in respectable jobs or perpetratin' areas here in Houston. Gangsta T-H-to-tha-izzat sez more `bout T-H-to-tha-izzem or tha society thizzat controls thiznem, I don't know ridin' in mah double R. But I would love some black niggaz from respectful family backgrounds. All I see is African Americans wit bad attitudes, scruffy kizzay n awful chillin' skills like "Girl, I gone whoop dat ass."

And it jizzle gets worse.

I recall an interview wit Biznill Cosby a few years ago when he rapped `bout African Americans regeress'n n gett'n worse, crazy ass nigga T-H-to-tha-izzan increas'n they social stature. He said tizzy fo` every one black american who has tried ta betta themselves, dress smartly, speak intelligently n wizzy hard ta build a good life - he sees ten who takes tha 'gansta' route, blingin' in ebonics (fizzo' shizzy), wear'n they jeans around they thighs, n frontin' drugs.

The response? The bliznack community called him a traitor n a sellout and my money on my mind. LOL - tizzle were disgusted that Cosby had tha nerve ta accost thiznem fo` being welfare dependent, slum dwell'n thieves . They call me tha black folks president.

I guess tha truth hurts.

And yet it seems ta be Mexicans n latinos who git tha brunt of tha racist elbows hizzle in Texas. "Damn. Mexicans",. "Send. tha wetbacks home", etc . Throw yo guns in the mother****in air. Everyone is hellbent on "securing tha borders" so that tha Mexicans cizzan't git into Texas. How ironic - I've found tha Mexican populizzles ta be nuttin' short of respectful, hard perpetratin' n dedicated. Look at tha tough jobs here in Texas - construction, janitizzles road sweepa, brotha etc fo' sheezy. All Mexican. Not one dizzy blizzack face is hatin' tha streets. Why? Coz there is a huge chiznip on they baller there is an immense amount of arrogance n false sense of entitlement - n it is a self ridin' prophecy.

Gizzod, I hate messin' like this. But Black Americans deserve every stereotype T-H-to-tha-izzat is thrown at them...cos God knows M-to-tha-izzost of them live up ta it in tha hood. Wit pride.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:15 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey
Still not from you though
Get back to your crayons
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:18 pm
Being myself

peterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond reputepeterbainham has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cabritpop
This will piss you off, I translated your first post in this thread using gizoogle

DefaultMov'n ta Texas has mizzle me a racist
I feel so terrible `bout T-H-to-tha-izzis, but I cizzan't help myself if you gots a paper stack. Before anyone derides me wit hustla "We is all equal" speeches, pleaze takes a moment ta read mah explanation ya feelin' me?.

I witheld this all fo` so long, but in recent months, I find me mobbin' very racist towards black Americans so bow down to the bow wow. Not bliznack thugz as a whole (like I said, I baller considered racism back home)...but BLACK AMERICANS.

Bustin' up in England, racism always seemed ta be limited ta tha cracka generizzles n a minority of "haters" who wizzle prejudiced against steppin' - gays, P-to-tha-izzosh people, pizzy people, catholics, protestants, etc n shit. Racism was wanna be gangsta a main issue in mah life, I had many bliznack niggaz weed-smokin' up in school. The Chinese thugz in tha chizzip shops were always so friendly n neighborly ta us. The majority of doctors I saw wizzy kind African or Indian men . Snoop heffner mixed with a little bit of doggy flint. Racism neva touched mah life except fo` tha occasional bigot.

All tha stereotizzles of "lazy", "cheaters", "immoral", etc seemed so far from tha mark coz all tha B-L-to-tha-izzack thugz I knizzew wizzy tha M-to-tha-izzost integral, honest n ho-slappin' - shopkeepa, doctors, nurses, cracka etc. racism was simply tha narrow minded behavior of idiots.

Sadly, here in Texas, I find these stereotizzles ta not only be true, but sum-m sum-m that mizzost young blizzay thugz takes PRIDE in with my forty-fo' mag. It's almost an accepted way of life over hizzle . I'm a mutha ****in 2-time felon.. Laziness, lack of education, drug culture, ridin' victim mentalizzles lack of responsibilizzle poor speak'n skills, lack of obligation, poor dress sense, aggressive n steppin' demeanours, etc. I've seen it all here first hand n it's sad tizzle I find me being not only scared of these people, but beginn'n ta resent thiznem.

I hear tha phrases "baby daddy" n "baby momma" hizzle all tha time . Freak y'all, into the beat y'all. It's used ta refa ta a bliznack fatha who is no baller wit tha nigga of his child(ren). There is no disgust or shame in this phrase, infact thugz use it all tha time wit a smile on they face n shit.

"Excuse me, is tizzle yo husband?"
"Hell no, honey child, that's mah baby-daddy."

Yes, he had casual sex, didn't use protection, happily brought a child into an environment of sleaze n poverty n then tizzle off wit shawty support like this and like that and like this and uh.

I playa seem ta find black thugz in respectable jobs or perpetratin' areas here in Houston. Gangsta T-H-to-tha-izzat sez more `bout T-H-to-tha-izzem or tha society thizzat controls thiznem, I don't know ridin' in mah double R. But I would love some black niggaz from respectful family backgrounds. All I see is African Americans wit bad attitudes, scruffy kizzay n awful chillin' skills like "Girl, I gone whoop dat ass."

And it jizzle gets worse.

I recall an interview wit Biznill Cosby a few years ago when he rapped `bout African Americans regeress'n n gett'n worse, crazy ass nigga T-H-to-tha-izzan increas'n they social stature. He said tizzy fo` every one black american who has tried ta betta themselves, dress smartly, speak intelligently n wizzy hard ta build a good life - he sees ten who takes tha 'gansta' route, blingin' in ebonics (fizzo' shizzy), wear'n they jeans around they thighs, n frontin' drugs.

The response? The bliznack community called him a traitor n a sellout and my money on my mind. LOL - tizzle were disgusted that Cosby had tha nerve ta accost thiznem fo` being welfare dependent, slum dwell'n thieves . They call me tha black folks president.

I guess tha truth hurts.

And yet it seems ta be Mexicans n latinos who git tha brunt of tha racist elbows hizzle in Texas. "Damn. Mexicans",. "Send. tha wetbacks home", etc . Throw yo guns in the mother****in air. Everyone is hellbent on "securing tha borders" so that tha Mexicans cizzan't git into Texas. How ironic - I've found tha Mexican populizzles ta be nuttin' short of respectful, hard perpetratin' n dedicated. Look at tha tough jobs here in Texas - construction, janitizzles road sweepa, brotha etc fo' sheezy. All Mexican. Not one dizzy blizzack face is hatin' tha streets. Why? Coz there is a huge chiznip on they baller there is an immense amount of arrogance n false sense of entitlement - n it is a self ridin' prophecy.

Gizzod, I hate messin' like this. But Black Americans deserve every stereotype T-H-to-tha-izzat is thrown at them...cos God knows M-to-tha-izzost of them live up ta it in tha hood. Wit pride.
I have no idea what you're saying but it makes me want to smoke some crack and mug an old lady.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Get back to your crayons
No intellect in your arguments again... unsurprising.

Don't make a fool or yourself again will you!
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:19 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

OK. Here's my take on your points then.

I think you are being naive and narrow minded if you really think that all black Americans are as you describe. You're probably also watching too much Fox News. However, you do have a point when it comes to some of the poorer black communities.

Equally, if you met white or hispanic Americans for the poorest communities in the country you would not come away with a good view of their motivation, work ethic, language or education.

I work with a number of black Americans in various professional and senior positions in my company and although there are minor cultural differences between them and their white colleagues, those differences are probably less than they would be between them and black Brits. Those who I work with have just the same strengths and weaknesses as their co-workers across all racial backgrounds.

I tend to agree that the American media appears to encourage very negative behaviour, particularly for young black Americans. I find that sad - rap culture may have originated on the streets, but what is being peddled by rich white (and black) music producers and film studio executives isn't being driven or directed by the black population of the US - it's just being consumed by them, passively, like so much popular culture on both sides of the Atlantic and by all racial groups.

None of which is an excuse for you to just give in and be a racist. That's lazy and childish. You can do better than that.
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:22 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I thought this was British ex-pats, seems to be turning into the Ku Klux Klan & ACLU.com with a new race thread every day THe OP has 11 posts and is probably on a wind up
Old Nov 28th 2006, 4:26 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by lionheart
I thought this was British ex-pats, seems to be turning into the Ku Klux Klan & ACLU.com with a new race thread every day THe OP has 11 posts and is probably on a wind up
**** me, you're a bore Lionheart. Do you only enjoy aggro threads when it's you that starts them then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.