Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Texas, Dallas looking for work in Finance?

Moving to Texas, Dallas looking for work in Finance?

Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:04 am
Just Joined

mpala is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Texas, Dallas looking for work in Finance?

Hi There

My wife and got the Green card lottery (DV) we have got our immigrant visas and looking to move to the US, I work for an American financial services firm based in the UK at the moment.

In terms of location we were thinking od California but looks quite expensive so now we are thinking of the State of Texas, very broadly of course. What is the financial hub of TX? is it Dallas.

I know the job market is really bad in the US but trying to get a transfer within. Are state taxes very high in Taxes?

Ok so narrowing down to Dallas, Irving

Is it a 'shithole'? compared to places like San francisco

In terms of rent, How much are apartments to rent per month? 2 bedroom, With 30 minutes of commuting to work?

What is the average price of property? say a 3-4 bed house in the suberbs, 2500 sqft. With 30 minutes of commuting to work?

Do most cities in TX have public transit?

We are looking to start a new life, looking for places that we can find jobs in, decent weather, affordable housing, low crime, and a place that we can fly to asia for holidays. If you have had similer experiances please do give details.

Thanks

m pala
Old Jan 19th 2009, 7:59 am
BE Forum Addict

md95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond reputemd95065 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Texas, Dallas looking for work in Finance?

Originally Posted by mpala
Are state taxes very high in Taxes?
No.

You can research this for yourself here.

Ok so narrowing down to Dallas, Irving

Is it a 'shithole'? compared to places like San francisco
You might very well think that - I couldn't possibly comment.

But seriously, San Francisco and Dallas are just very different places.