Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Texas?

Moving to Texas?

Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Hiroshi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to Texas?

Hello everyone, I am new here and I have made this account to get opinions and options for my situation many have been in.
I have met a guy online, He is from Texas and I am from the UK. I have just gotten back from Texas and stayed there with him it was the most wonderful time I have ever had and it made us talk about me living in Texas with him, I am willing to give up stuff over in the UK to be with him, Now the tricky part how would I be able to move over there with him? Of course I would find work and pay bills health care etc, I have read a lot about having certain skills to acquire a job over in the US, I have a diploma in Higher science which consist of Biology, chemistry, physics, maths. Could I use this to my advantage?
I am willing to give anything to be with him and I am willing to take any advice someone has to offer? If you need anymore information or anything else about the circumstances then please feel free to ask I will be honest with you.
Thank You.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:33 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Texas?

Originally Posted by Hiroshi
Hello everyone, I am new here and I have made this account to get opinions and options for my situation many have been in.
I have met a guy online, He is from Texas and I am from the UK. I have just gotten back from Texas and stayed there with him it was the most wonderful time I have ever had and it made us talk about me living in Texas with him, I am willing to give up stuff over in the UK to be with him, Now the tricky part how would I be able to move over there with him? Of course I would find work and pay bills health care etc, I have read a lot about having certain skills to acquire a job over in the US, I have a diploma in Higher science which consist of Biology, chemistry, physics, maths. Could I use this to my advantage?
I am willing to give anything to be with him and I am willing to take any advice someone has to offer? If you need anymore information or anything else about the circumstances then please feel free to ask I will be honest with you.
Thank You.
Hello and welcome to BE.

If you haven't done so already, I would suggest you read Pulaski's Way:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

You'll find options for coming over to the US and be able to see if you fit into any of the categories.

I expect there'll be some others along shortly to give you their 10 cents worth.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 8:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You.
Having known an Hiroshi who was male in Japan, I am presuming you too are male.

In which case marriage or a civil partnership visa are out - and these would have been the easiest route.

Which leaves work visa - for which you have to get a prospective employer to sponsor you - investment visa or student visa. Those are your options.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Hiroshi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Having known an Hiroshi who was male in Japan, I am presuming you too are male.

In which case marriage or a civil partnership visa are out - and these would have been the easiest route.

Which leaves work visa - for which you have to get a prospective employer to sponsor you - investment visa or student visa. Those are your options.
Yes I am a male, I am 21 also. I'll be 22 in July. I know Texas along with other state don't recognize same sex marriage. The only option then is to find a company to sponsor me, If that possible, How would I go about on doing this?
Also thank you.
Old Jun 9th 2013, 9:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am a male, I am 21 also. I'll be 22 in July. I know Texas along with other state don't recognize same sex marriage. The only option then is to find a company to sponsor me, If that possible, How would I go about on doing this?
Also thank you.
Just like you get any other job. Look, apply, research, network, get a job in the UK with a US company, get a transfer to US after a year etc etc