Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

moving to spring Texas, anyone already there?

Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:18 am
bright spark

Default moving to spring Texas, anyone already there?

Helloooooo!

A big hello from us,(been lurking on BE for 2 years, just started being brave enough to post!)
....we are about to hit Spring, north of Houston, in early February (at long bl***y last!)

Are there any families already in the area? How have you and your kids settled in? Know anything about conroe schools? ...............Anything really!

Once again....HELLO! (MUM) and (dad) :scared: (and kids)

Old Jan 5th 2006, 12:30 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to spring Texas, anyone already there?

Originally Posted by bright spark
Helloooooo!

A big hello from us,(been lurking on BE for 2 years, just started being brave enough to post!)
....we are about to hit Spring, north of Houston, in early February (at long bl***y last!)

Are there any families already in the area? How have you and your kids settled in? Know anything about conroe schools? ...............Anything really!

trubrit is in Houston.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by clydegirl
trubrit is in Houston.

Tks clydegirl, for sure I'm in Houston, right slap bang in the middle Hiya bright spark, I'm glad that a bright spark is coming to Houston, for sure it needs something to brighten it up....why not email me and I can maybe help with schools... guess you have checked out www.springtexas.com you'll find some helpful info on that. We're living in the 77007 area opposite Memorial Park...you'll be fine with the children, for sure an easy way to make friends...catch you later...safe journey
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Helloooooo!

Welcome to Texas, we have been here for a long time now and are South of Houston. Our kids are grown but they went through the school system here and then on to Uni and have both turned out great. Don't know too much about the area you are moving to although my son lived close to Conroe when he was going to Sam Houston University.

Hope you are prepared for the heat...............and the dreaded humidity
Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:34 pm
bright spark

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Welcome to Texas, we have been here for a long time now and are South of Houston. Our kids are grown but they went through the school system here and then on to Uni and have both turned out great. Don't know too much about the area you are moving to although my son lived close to Conroe when he was going to Sam Houston University.

Hope you are prepared for the heat...............and the dreaded humidity

Thanks for your replies everbody! great to hear we will not be the only non natives around. We were over in June 2005 so have an idea of the heat and humidity, although I know June is not Houston at it's hottest! We have the schools organised and the house we are having built is framed and has a roof so far.

The kids are a bit scared of starting at their new schools, but I suppose they will soon settle, kids are good like that aren't they?

Bright Spark

Old Jan 5th 2006, 2:44 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your replies everbody! great to hear we will not be the only non natives around. We were over in June 2005 so have an idea of the heat and humidity, although I know June is not Houston at it's hottest! We have the schools organised and the house we are having built is framed and has a roof so far.

The kids are a bit scared of starting at their new schools, but I suppose they will soon settle, kids are good like that aren't they?

Bright Spark
When I was 15, I came to live in (North) Texas for a little while. Mum thought it would be a good idea for me to go to High School while I was there, so I did! The attention I received was pretty overwhelming, but in a good way! Everyone wanted to be my best friend & all the guys wanted to date me, the only ones that had their backs up, were the guys girlfriends!!!

Altogether it was great fun & I have some really happy memories! I'm sure your kids will have a great time. Good luck to you all!
Old Jan 5th 2006, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

I'm in Austin (~150 miles away) but have friends in the Spring area. Let me know if you can't find enough information on-line, and I'll ask them for you.

Helloooooo!

Old Jan 5th 2006, 4:47 pm
bright spark

Originally Posted by Britdrinker
I'm in Austin (~150 miles away) but have friends in the Spring area. Let me know if you can't find enough information on-line, and I'll ask them for you.

Thanks again for all your replies.

Dad won't be very happy about the dating thing though! Perhaps acne will come to the rescue. lol lol.

Old Jan 5th 2006, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

Perhaps acne will come to the rescue. lol lol.
OMG acne wot in Houston, never lol that would never ever do, shame on you Dad...they have medication here for that..
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, but the state of Texas is a barren wasteland and completely deserted. You'll probably be the only one living there- except for those scientists conducting nuclear experiments in the deasert.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 6:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Sorry, but the state of Texas is a barren wasteland and completely deserted. You'll probably be the only one living there- except for those scientists conducting nuclear experiments in the deasert.
well you're a bundle of joy (lol I can't talk).... you'll put their 'bright spark' out in no time
Old Jan 5th 2006, 7:06 pm
bright spark

Originally Posted by TruBrit
well you're a bundle of joy (lol I can't talk).... you'll put their 'bright spark' out in no time
Really?
GREAT, four legged chickens and ready barbecued beef......what more could you ask for?

And peace and quiet away from the moaning british! yeah!

Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond reputeJabba1 has a reputation beyond repute

Really?
GREAT, four legged chickens and ready barbecued beef......what more could you ask for?

And peace and quiet away from the moaning british! yeah!
Oh, I forgot to mention. You may notice the odd dump truck passing your residence. These will be carrying toxic waste to the various dump sites located throughout the state.

The drivers may give you the odd stare as they pass. :scared: This is due to the fact that you will be the first person they have ever seen actually living in the state of Texas.

Not to worry, they'll soon become accustomed to you and stop their wide-eyed staring as they pass.
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:15 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jabba1
Oh, I forgot to mention. You may notice the odd dump truck passing your residence. These will be carrying toxic waste to the various dump sites located throughout the state.

The drivers may give you the odd stare as they pass. :scared: This is due to the fact that you will be the first person they have ever seen actually living in the state of Texas.

Not to worry, they'll soon become accustomed to you and stop their wide-eyed staring as they pass.

hey jabba1 now it's pretty obvious that I aint a huge lover of the place but aint you exaggerating just a little....you're supposed to make the people feel welcome
Old Jan 5th 2006, 8:23 pm
bright spark

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hey jabba1 now it's pretty obvious that I aint a huge lover of the place but aint you exaggerating just a little....you're supposed to make the people feel welcome
Perhaps we'll just send the kids and we'll stay in blighty. Although it can't be any worse than living in Bradford, Yorkshire.................where the sun never shines...........surely?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.