Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to Singapore - recommend an international mover

Moving to Singapore - recommend an international mover

Old Jul 22nd 2017, 1:41 am
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Moving to Singapore - recommend an international mover

My wife and I are about to move (yes, again!) from the East Coast (Boston MA) to Singapore. We have some furniture we wouldn't want to leave behind and boxes with books.

Happy to pay for extra services and peace of mind.

Can anyone recommend a moving company? We found iContainers which appears cheap and somewhat nasty and Schumacher Cargo which seems less cheap and less nasty.

Amazingly, iContainers promises ETA of 27 to 35 days, which seems lightning fast to me considering the distance.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

AlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond reputeAlphaTangoMike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to Singapore - recommend an international mover

We moved from Singapore to NYC (in 2011), the company paid for the move and used a relocation firm called Santa Fe: https://www.santaferelo.com/

We had no issues with their service, they did a full packing service in Singapore and delivered and unpacked in NYC.

If I recall correctly, it took about 6 weeks for our stuff to arrive in NYC.
Old Jul 24th 2017, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Teanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond reputeTeanmontana has a reputation beyond repute

We have just moved from the UK to Montana USA, the company we used was called Crown Relocations. I certainly have no complaints.

D
Old Jul 24th 2017, 11:56 pm
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, folks.

Does anyone know anything about:

iContainers
NY Shipping / NY Moving (nyshipping.com / nymoving.com)
International Movers Network
Inter-Movers
Schumacher Cargo
RSS, LLC

?