Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving/Shipping Company's

Moving/Shipping Company's

Old Aug 12th 2019, 12:53 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving/Shipping Company's

Originally Posted by Antihero
thanks , i know what you mean with reviews there are so many good but equally bad reviews for all companies , it makes it really hard to chose a good one out of the 100 out there
That's true. Another problem I found when trying to compare large moving companies was that each branch is run separately, like a franchise. So one branch might be fantastic and another a disaster.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Uktous19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Would anyone actually recommend the company they used?!

Looking to ship from Surrey to Chicago in Feb
Old Nov 12th 2019, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

We did it all ourselves, in terms of buying our own container and having it shipped. I can highly recommend the people who picked up and moved the container and handled the shipping door-to-door, though if you are in Chicago, you can probably get shipped door-to-port. We may be unique here though, in moving a 20 foot container, a 40 foot container with machine tools, and a 40 foot container with two land rovers in it.
Old Nov 12th 2019, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Uktous19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the reply. I don't think I am brave/organised enough to sort it myself

Old Nov 13th 2019, 2:40 am
Forum Regular

Antihero is an unknown quantity at this point

i don't think any are...they are all hit and miss.....once they get your money then you are done for....I am still waiting for my container , its arrived in LA , just hopefully gets cleared and delivered all in tact

considering it left before we did in September.

Pickfords have been useless , wouldn't recommend.
Old Nov 13th 2019, 1:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took 15 days from Liverpool to Baltimore, then 24 hours to deliver.
Old Nov 13th 2019, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

nikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond reputenikkif99uk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steveq
Ours took 15 days from Liverpool to Baltimore, then 24 hours to deliver.
Was this sea or air freight? that was really quick
Old Nov 13th 2019, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Sea. The company we use has 4 boats running permanently Baltimore- Antwerp-Liverpool.
Old Dec 4th 2019, 2:33 pm
Just Joined

ParagonGreeny is an unknown quantity at this point

anyone have a company they would recommend? i was going to use Anglo Pacific but im now a little worried. will be shipping to PA
Old Dec 6th 2019, 10:31 am
Just Joined

alilbabba is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm just researching myself and have gotten good feedback on (&had good converstaions with) Robinsons.