Reload this Page >

Moving/Shipping Company's

Moving/Shipping Company's

Old Jul 4th 2019, 1:15 pm
Just Joined

buffle_toe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving/Shipping Company's

Hi all,

I am trying to get a fair few boxes sent from the UK to Austin, Texas, does anyone have any recommendations on moving/shipping companies to use?

Cheers

Andy
Old Jul 10th 2019, 6:41 am
Forum Regular

isi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving/Shipping Company's

Have you booked anyone to move your boxes? If not please do not use Anglo Pacific. I am having a hellofa time with them!
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:32 pm
Just Joined

cazzababes is an unknown quantity at this point

just been quoted 5.5k gbp for a 20ft container from London to Austin
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:54 pm
Forum Regular

isi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond reputeisi16 has a reputation beyond repute

Seems reasonable considering what I paid from Scotland to Kansas for a 40 ft one. Who did you choose?
Old Jul 17th 2019, 9:55 pm
Just Joined

what did you pay for a 40ft container ?
Old Jul 17th 2019, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

Full packing the house and unpacking, container wasn't full. Was 1334 cubic ft but that cost me £9435. Company is bunch crooks and I am taking them to court. Still don't know where my container is, they ignore emails won't answer phone and the USA company that should be keeping me informed have not
Old Jul 17th 2019, 11:28 pm
Just Joined

How terrible !

So they have taken your money and not delivered the container ?

and they have your house contents ? any insurance payout ?
Old Jul 18th 2019, 12:39 am
Forum Regular

Yep. Full 3 bed house almost. It's in New York one day, kansas the next, oh no it's actually in New York -except it isn't. They have been found out on lies which I have evidence of and the manager I'm dealing with in Glasgow is an idiot. I am insured but I want my belongings back. Not been long to give up yet, may 2nd it was loaded so they have a bit of leaway until I start reading the riot act
Old Jul 19th 2019, 1:38 am
Forum Regular

Shark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond reputeShark013 has a reputation beyond repute

Relouk excellent service we received
Old Jul 19th 2019, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

NYC_10023 is an unknown quantity at this point

I can safely say to avoid Doree Bonner. The end to end experience was a disaster including a price hike due to them underestimating our contents, and boxes missing which contained expensive items. Our items arrived in two batches along with boxes belonging to another family, and both times our floors were damaged which the movers tried to deny. Our insurance claim was ignored. Really upsetting.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 11:25 am
Just Joined

rdf2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Try PSS removals, reccomended by British Florida website ( which is quite useful for anyone that way!) or moving that way.
Old Jul 26th 2019, 10:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

steveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond reputesteveq has a reputation beyond repute

DIY
Old Aug 2nd 2019, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Antihero is an unknown quantity at this point

i studied about 100000000 different companies and they all have their good points and bad points. you just need to do your homework and depending on costs ! are you paying or your company ? My company went for Pickfords in the end , will see how they do when it comes to packing things up and shipping it.
Old Aug 12th 2019, 12:11 pm
Just Joined

Andrews Mum is an unknown quantity at this point

Do not use Simpsons. We used them when we moved here from the UK two years ago and regret it. Amongst other things, we were told that we were paying for a door-to-door service, which wasn’t the case. We also had issues with their bad packing.. They were very attentive when we were in the UK but all that changed once we left the country. All together a bad experience. We discovered we were not the only ones after reading their reviews, just wish we had read them before we hired them!
Old Aug 12th 2019, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Antihero is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks , i know what you mean with reviews there are so many good but equally bad reviews for all companies , it makes it really hard to chose a good one out of the 100 out there

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.