Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to SC Next Week

Moving to SC Next Week

Old Feb 21st 2012, 6:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to SC Next Week

Poor you!! Gotta be firmer with family, especially visiting during your first week there!

I used to work at the Starbucks inside the Harris Teeter, just off the 41, it's a nice little cutaway with a few shops, there is also a pub!! Great food We used to go there for lunch sometimes, their philly steak is delish.

It's a little pricier shopping in Mt.P, I guess that is what you get though living in a higher end area lol. We do most of our grocery shopping on base where the prices are lower They do have some lovely shops in Mt.P though and I hear they just opened a PF Changs on the main street

Don't let the BIL get you down, tell him he can help hubby get the garage sorted!! lol
huggs Kim x
Old Feb 21st 2012, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart2
Hi Sarah

You will love it in Mt.P, we lived there for our first year in SC, wonderful schools there, especially Wando HS.

Yes, the weather will definitely be 'warmer'! I am in Canada until April 16th, and it is a little chilly here to say the least! Once it gets to April the weather in Sc usually starts it's rapid rise to Summer heat/humidity, that's not my favorite time of year in SC, I am a 'humidity hater'! But if you can stand it you will love it

Would be great to get together after you have settled in, where will your OH be working? Jay worked in N.Charleston and it was a 40 minute commute both ways, much easier than people going towards Summerville though, that Dorchester road in rush hour can be a bugger!

Good luck with your move hun, it's not fun moving yourself however far you are going! We moved from Mt.P in June last year to N. Chas. and that was a PITA!

Our next move will be into a 40ft DP motorhome sometime later this year Can you imagine having to de-clutter a houseful of 'stuff' down to a few boxes I am looking forward to it though, it has been our dream to be fulltimers in a MH and visit more of this beautiful Country

Just Pm me if you need any info on SC or just want to rant about the move

huggies Kim x
I lived in North Charleston when I first came over (1981) in a grotty little trailer on Stall Rd. I know there has been tons of building in the whole area since I left, I wouldn't recognise anything! Nice to see you here again!
Old Feb 21st 2012, 10:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Thanx Bev, good to be back
Yep, lots of building in N.Chas I'm sure you would get lost around there now!

huggs kim x
Old Feb 21st 2012, 11:08 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

huggs kim x
Good to see you!
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 6:07 pm
Forum Regular

Steve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond reputeSteve_I has a reputation beyond repute

huggs kim x
Fancy meeting you here!! We thought you were off to sunny Stockport after CA, but you say you're back in Canada again! It must be the lure of all that snow...... Weather here's lovely today by the way

Sorry I hijacked your thread a little Sarah! We live in Charleston too (Johns Island now), but I'm originally from Peterlee in Co. Durham. You'll love it here if you like the heat! Good luck with the move.
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 8:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Steve_I
Fancy meeting you here!! We thought you were off to sunny Stockport after CA, but you say you're back in Canada again! It must be the lure of all that snow...... Weather here's lovely today by the way

Sorry I hijacked your thread a little Sarah! We live in Charleston too (Johns Island now), but I'm originally from Peterlee in Co. Durham. You'll love it here if you like the heat! Good luck with the move.
Hey Steve
Yeah, I decided to skip the trip home, will tell you about it when we see you next. My flight home (SC) is booked for the 16th April, maybe we can do lunch

I'm not missing the weather there yet, it's been above freezing here since I got back lol. Beautiful Country Canada, so much space!
huggs kim x
Old Feb 22nd 2012, 9:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steve_I

No worries. I hope I can adapt to the heat. Being Scottish it may be a shock to my system a little!