Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Moving to SanFransisco, want shipping companies

Moving to SanFransisco, want shipping companies

Old May 31st 2010, 7:30 am
Just Joined

maidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nice
Default Moving to SanFransisco, want shipping companies

Hi,
We live in Berkshire and are slated to move to the Sanfransisco Bay area in July. Am looking for moving companies. We don't have a full container ,hence we want someone reliable who will deliver the goods on time.
If someone has a good experience with recent moving , any references, advice will be appreciated,
Thanks,
Maidenheadmom.
Old May 31st 2010, 1:14 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to SanFransisco, want shipping companies

Originally Posted by maidenheadmom
Hi,
We live in Berkshire and are slated to move to the Sanfransisco Bay area in July. Am looking for moving companies. We don't have a full container ,hence we want someone reliable who will deliver the goods on time.
If someone has a good experience with recent moving , any references, advice will be appreciated,
Thanks,
Maidenheadmom.
Hello and welcome to BE.

As this forum is purely to welcome new members to BE I will move your thread into our http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57. Any questions you have about moving to the US please post in there. At the top of the main US Forum index page you will see a list of US sub forums...the top one being US Immigration. I presume you are well past needing immigration advice by now...if not please post your immigration questions in there.

Also take a look in the Wiki...the tab is located in the blue bar at the top of the page...there's loads of info about moving to the US in there.

Several of our members frequenting the US Forums live in the SF area and there are many more who live in sunny California...so fire away with any questions you may have.

Good luck with the move.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; May 31st 2010 at 1:16 pm.
Old May 31st 2010, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Hello

Welcome to the forums, we moved to Burlingame (just south of SF) from Maidenhead in November last year

We used Anglo Pacific, and didnt have a full container. If you search through my previous posts you will see the details and costs we paid

Good luck with the move
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:22 am
Just Joined

maidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nicemaidenheadmom is just really nice
Smile Re: Moving to SanFransisco, want shipping companies

Thanks,
I'll look into Wiki.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: Moving to SanFransisco, want shipping companies

Thanks,
I'll look into your previous posts.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 9:54 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Was useful looking into your posts about your moving. Can you tell me if you used Anglo Pacific for air freight as well?
Thanks.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 12:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Was useful looking into your posts about your moving. Can you tell me if you used Anglo Pacific for air freight as well?
Thanks.
I don't know how much you want to ship by air but take a look at this...hopefully it may be helpful.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=629133
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:23 pm
Forum Regular

sarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nicesarahlou145 is just really nice

Hi,
Thanks.
We used them to ship my husbands office items, PCs and other bits, so not much, very quick service
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

garyusher is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks,
Maidenheadmom.
Hi, unfortunately I can't help with your shipping question, I was hoping you may be able to direct me.

We are thinking of moving to California from Basingstoke, Hampshire. I need some guidance on the best way to start planning & where. I've looked on some sites for Visa info, but there are many types and can be confusing.

Thanks,

Gary
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

Hi Gary,
We are moving back to the Bay area, after being here for 2 years. As we are US citizens, visa is not an issue for us.

Nevertheless ther is a wealth of information here, on visa, immigration. I wish I had found this site 2 years ago. Good luck with your visa.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:03 pm
Just Joined

Thanks! The info contained is very useful!
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

Thanks a lot,
We were able to bring a lot of stuff when we came here, as my husband had more baggage allowance on the flight. We may not be so lucky this time.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 6:13 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by garyusher
Hi, unfortunately I can't help with your shipping question, I was hoping you may be able to direct me.

We are thinking of moving to California from Basingstoke, Hampshire. I need some guidance on the best way to start planning & where. I've looked on some sites for Visa info, but there are many types and can be confusing.

Thanks,

Gary
You need to go to the Immigration forum here for this sort of information.
Click here: http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34

Before you post a question though, check out the pinned post REALLY, READ ME: Want to Live & Work in the US?
Old Jun 2nd 2010, 9:48 am
London-San Fran-Vancouver

BadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud ofBadgerNaboo has much to be proud of

I'm also looking in to shipping to SF as we are due to move in September from London. I have been told that EVL is very good and it will cost around 4k for a 20ft container.
Old Jun 7th 2010, 6:05 pm
Just Joined

HI,
I have shortlisted between Anglo pacific and Doree Bonner. If any one has had a negative experience with either, please share them. I ahve seen quite a few positive experiences posted.
Thanks.