Reload this Page >

moving to Rhode Island

moving to Rhode Island

Old May 16th 2007, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

dom2 is on a distinguished road
Default moving to Rhode Island

Hi
My husband has got a job as a nurse in Rhode Island. We will be moving over in a year to 18 months with 2 kids. Anyone out there who is there or has any info on the place ie. good schools, where to live etc.
Old May 16th 2007, 2:12 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving to Rhode Island

That's the state you can jump across, right?

Someone should be along with information that is actually useful shortly...

EDIT: Those last three words sound very strange when used together like that.
Old May 16th 2007, 4:01 pm
Just Joined

It has got to be better than this country?!
Old May 16th 2007, 4:39 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dom2
It has got to be better than this country?!
I don't know much about the place, except that it's tiny, not that cheap, gets busy in the summer, people love big hair, and that the red soxs throw the injured people at the team there, paw soxs, which has cheap tickets and well worth seeing.

Have a look at the frapr map and see if there's anyone there...but anyway, could always commute in as the state is tiny.

There's a bloke at work that commutes into Mass from RI, so I'll ask him if he has any ideas of good spots to see or avoid and let you know.

Oh, and welcome to BE
Old May 16th 2007, 4:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

well, bloke at work just mentioned for general stuff, Providence, don't live in Southside, it's a tip...generally the best area is East Side, it's the college town part, much nicer and affordable, especially for rent and for small homes, lots of places to go see and things to do in walking distance, but it isn't very surburban.

it all really depends on where your working in RI I guess, plenty of hospitals and the like...but i'll pm my friends email if you want, he said he won't mind if you had more specific questions.
Old May 16th 2007, 5:02 pm
Just Joined

Hospital in Providence. Seen on Google earth that side is very industrial. I guess that is the part to avoid. East side looks nicer.
Old May 16th 2007, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Silverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond reputeSilverdragon102 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi
My husband has got a job as a nurse in Rhode Island. We will be moving over in a year to 18 months with 2 kids. Anyone out there who is there or has any info on the place ie. good schools, where to live etc.
thats if they get the visas sorted, currently retrogression, I know as a nurse caught up in it
Old May 16th 2007, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

Hopefully out of these 2 laws going throughCongress at least one will be approved soon to speed things up. Immigration attorney seemed pretty confident something will happen as shortage of nurses is so bad. gives us plenty of time to pass the bl***y NCLEX!
Old May 17th 2007, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

You may find it less expensive to find a home over the line in Mass, RI is very expensive and has a lot of pooftas.
Old May 17th 2007, 3:35 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
You may find it less expensive to find a home over the line in Mass, RI is very expensive and has a lot of pooftas.
I don't know...bloke that commutes in said it's worth the 1.5hr commute in what it saves on property tax and cost of buying....but for rental, your probably right, more choice across the way.
Old May 17th 2007, 3:48 pm
Just Joined

Ok. Getting the general idea that we seem to have chosen a rather expensive part. bang goes hubby's dream of a boat. Oh well, he will just have to stand on the shore line and catch those fish! Starting to feel a bit miserable....anybody got anything positive to say to cheer me up?
Old May 17th 2007, 3:55 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Ok. Getting the general idea that we seem to have chosen a rather expensive part. bang goes hubby's dream of a boat. Oh well, he will just have to stand on the shore line and catch those fish! Starting to feel a bit miserable....anybody got anything positive to say to cheer me up?
He wouldn't make that much money as a nurse in a less expensive area of the country.
Old May 17th 2007, 4:00 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Don't be glum! It'll be an AMAZING adventure and I'm sure you will have one hell of an experience (good or bad depends on attitude.)
Old May 17th 2007, 4:06 pm
Just Joined

I have to keep reminding myself that he will actually be earning more than he is here and that renting looks to be cheaper there. Still, looking forward to sampling 'merican life and all that. Met a woman recently who is english but has been in US for 17 years; says she couldn't be paid to come back here... don' t blame her, this place is going to pot right in front of our eyes.
Old May 17th 2007, 4:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

....anybody got anything positive to say to cheer me up?
it's one of the few easy ways of getting a greencard, so enjoy the experience, just don't be expecting to get rich quick here, doesn't mean you won't have fun...and RI is a short slip away from MA, ME, CT etc, so you'll have plenty of nice day trips in NE to enjoy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.