British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Moving to PA (N.E/Langhorne/Yardley area) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/moving-pa-n-e-langhorne-yardley-area-715772/)

jupiteruk May 5th 2011 8:24 am

Moving to PA (N.E/Langhorne/Yardley area)

Hi All,

I'm planning to move to the Langhorne, PA area in the next couple of months and would love to meet fellow Brits in the area. I need some advice on several things as well because I'm looking to buy a house and car and would appreciate someones advice..

Looking forward to meeting new friends ;)
Thanks,

Aaron. :)

dreamercon May 5th 2011 1:55 pm

Re: Moving to PA (N.E/Langhorne/Yardley area)

I've lived in Yardley for a couple of years, its a very quiet area with low income and property taxes (compared to New Jersey) and relatively cheap house prices. What do you plan to do in Yardley?

jupiteruk May 5th 2011 3:14 pm

Originally Posted by dreamercon (Post 9345036)
I've lived in Yardley for a couple of years, its a very quiet area with low income and property taxes (compared to New Jersey) and relatively cheap house prices. What do you plan to do in Yardley?

Hi Dreamercon,

Well shortly I'm marrying my fiancee and planning to settle down there, I'll be working remotely till I find something in the immediate area. I totally agree on the Taxes but from what I've seen the houses are mostly old around 25+ years plus compared to some areas across the river in NJ.

:)
Aaron.

ian-mstm May 5th 2011 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by ajumani (Post 9345220)
I'll be working remotely till I find something in the immediate area.

Since you don't say, I'm guessing your fiancee is a US citizen and you're entering the US on a K-1 visa. Be aware that you can't work - even remotely - until such time as you have received employment authorization... about 60-90 days after you file to adjust your status, which happens after you get married.

Good luck with the job hunt!

Ian

jupiteruk May 5th 2011 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by ian-mstm (Post 9345254)
Since you don't say, I'm guessing your fiancee is a US citizen and you're entering the US on a K-1 visa. Be aware that you can't work - even remotely - until such time as you have received employment authorization... about 60-90 days after you file to adjust your status, which happens after you get married.

Good luck with the job hunt!

Ian

Ahh thanks for that Ian LOL - Happy times are just round the corner ;)

dreamercon May 5th 2011 3:55 pm

I've seen a lot of new houses in Yardley, the place where i lived was built about fifteen years ago, not far from Oxford Valley mall. Lots of newer places around there and many organized housing communities.
Also Newtown is not far and is a nice little town to hang out on a Sunday morning perhaps.

jupiteruk May 5th 2011 8:33 pm

Originally Posted by dreamercon (Post 9345286)
I've seen a lot of new houses in Yardley, the place where i lived was built about fifteen years ago, not far from Oxford Valley mall. Lots of newer places around there and many organized housing communities.
Also Newtown is not far and is a nice little town to hang out on a Sunday morning perhaps.

Ahh yes Newtown is very beautiful and quaint I think I'll need to explore the area a bit more this time ;) Thank you for your advice ;)