Reload this Page >

Moving to PA - Looking for Accommodation

Moving to PA - Looking for Accommodation

Old Feb 2nd 2014, 7:11 pm
Just Joined

mills91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to PA - Looking for Accommodation

Hey Guys,

I need to be within travelling distance of Allentown with my wife in March. We will only be there for 6 - 9 months before moving to the west coast, therefore we would like a serviced or furnished apartment so we only need to ship our furniture, tv's etc once.

Does anyone know any good locations near Allentown that we could look at? Also we don't want to spend much more than $1500 on rent.

Thanks,
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:01 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to PA - Looking for Accommodation

I would look at the city-data forums for that area.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 4:45 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Did you find out the other thread from last year, summer possibly, that asked about the area?

There was quite a few suggestions of nice towns with a easy commute to Allentown, which is a good location, but a dump of a town itself.

For a furnished place and for less than a 12 month lease, you're probably looking to be paying more than that kind of money. On a 12 month least it'll probably be more realistic.
Old Feb 3rd 2014, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

mills91 is an unknown quantity at this point

No I haven't managed to find anything on the forum but I'll have another look. The company that are paying for my visa will be paying for the accommodation for the first 6months so if the accommodation more than that will be fine. Thanks I'll keep looking.
Old Feb 17th 2014, 8:52 pm
Just Joined

shughes007 will become famous soon enoughshughes007 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mills91
Hey Guys,

I need to be within travelling distance of Allentown with my wife in March. We will only be there for 6 - 9 months before moving to the west coast, therefore we would like a serviced or furnished apartment so we only need to ship our furniture, tv's etc once.

Does anyone know any good locations near Allentown that we could look at? Also we don't want to spend much more than $1500 on rent.

Thanks,
How much do you want to spend on a flat/ house? Carlisle is a small college town, 80 miles from Allentown. A friend has a house for rent.