green card with permanent residency this November. However, I got a
very nice job offer on the west coast, and they would like me to start it
no later than this October. This means that I will have to move out
the apartment where my husband (who is a US citizen) and I stayed and
leave him behind in the east coast (his current job has another year
remaining). When we file my green card renewal this Nov, I will be in
on the west coast and my husband will remain on the east coast; will this
application be flagged as a bad case due to the fact that I will be
moving out close to the date when my conditional residency ends? (In that case, I would have to turn of this rarely chance to a fantastic job. ) Or it does not matter as long as we file the application jointly?

Thanks a lot in advace for any of the help/suggestion/recommendation.

Sylvie
Old Feb 8th 2008, 6:24 am
BE Forum Addict

augigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond reputeaugigi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: moving out one month before green card renewal

I assume you mean file the I-751 to remove conditions, not "renew green card". If the expiration date is Feb 08, why would you apply in November? You are meant to file within the 90 days before the conditional status ends, not nine months later.

Are you still living as a married couple (or are you separating)? Someone did recently post something about moving to FL while their spouse remained in NY... I think it was okay.

I'm sure someone who can answer your query will be along soon.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:52 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

You are SOL if your green card expired on February 1, 2008 You are to file within the 90 days preceding the expiration date not after it.

As for the living issue, you are free to live wherever you want. Include a letter of explanation as to why you are living apart from your husband.

Be sure to file an AR-11 regarding your change of address.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 12:20 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sylvia6612
My current green card is a marriage-based conditional residency and the expiration date is Feb 1, 2008.
You mean 2009, right? If it really is 2008, your status has already expired and you're now in deep doo-doo.

... will this application be flagged as a bad case due to the fact that I will be moving out close to the date when my conditional residency ends?
People live apart for all sorts of reasons... it likely won't be an issue. Be sure to file form AR-11 within 10 days of your move... and your husband will need to file form I-865 within 30 days of his move.

Good luck with the new job!

Ian